Blender Guru Competition: Photo Realism

@Steinway Piano: good job dude!

jeffbayer, that looks amazing! The food actually looks edible, which is something you don’t see often :slight_smile:

0_0 that’s fantastic!

Peace Warranty

Here’s my entry. A bit noisy. I hope it looks like WWII photo, though. Color correction wasn’t done in Blender.

Thanks my friend…

I`m sorry to disappoint you but there is almost no color XP
what color correction?

Great job!!!
Excellent work and yes, it does look like such an old photo. Were they able to get such high-res back then though? Just curious.

Quote: “I`m sorry to disappoint you but there is almost no color XP
what color correction?”

Brightness and contrast mostly, to get that old-style feel. So you could call it color correction, since you’re correcting the color to black and white and then adjusting b and c.

@ jeffbayer
thats really awesome man! keep it up!

@ lemray
Yeah, put in a lot more contrast maybe, and see how it looks.

I think they were able to get even higher resolution as they used 35 mm film!

Hey guys,
I decided to participate too. So here is my image:

Wow! Is it anyone specific?

That’s incredibly good Mr. Lasla. Here’s mine. Supposed to be Ellen Page. :smiley:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=33648

I like that you’re going for a jungle look and from what I can see you did well, but your image is extremely dark. Waay too dark.
Will you consider rerendering or editing it?

I saw that render somewhere a few days ago. I don’t remember where, but even if you are the one who made it, I think you must enter the contest with a new work.
Other than that, when I first saw that, I were in love with Blender even more :smiley:

I like your materials so much! Though you should work more on newspaper material. The keys are awesome. You should just make background more interesting :slight_smile:

Hello blenderartists,

here is my renderresult for the “photorealistic contest”.
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7652/85755927.png
with best regards,
h0t5p0t18

Great job!!!
Excellent work and yes, it does look like such an old photo. Were they able to get such high-res back then though? Just curious.

Quote: “I`m sorry to disappoint you but there is almost no color XP
what color correction?”

Brightness and contrast mostly, to get that old-style feel. So you could call it color correction, since you’re correcting the color to black and white and then adjusting b and c.
Thanks a lot, mate!
As far as resolution of WWII photos is concerned, it’s quite complicated and controversial. As Cugino said, such photos were taken with a 35 mm film and that’s an analog medium -no pixels. When they are scanned, however, the resolution can be pretty high. Just think about those aerial photos taken over enemy territories (if you want to see some nice historical high-res images go to wwii-photos-maps.com).

Good point! I totally forgot about those photos… lol! I guess I must’ve been thinking about the films they sometimes show on history (not very clear and extremely grainy).
Thanx for the reply!

This is my Entry for the Contest

Youth Life(Photo) Realism

Made in Cycles :yes:

Attachments

Hi all,
I’m a beginner blender user(about 2 months now) and this is my first contest so this isnt very good.
I started off by watching Andrew’s realistic grass tut but I couldnt watch the whole thing because I live in Pakistan and the electricity here isnt very reliable :(…so i blundered around until i got something i was happy with.
Anyway, enough rambling. Here’s the render:

Hope you like it :D. Any and all criticism is appreciated.