Blender Guru Grass Essentials missing. How come?

I liked Gscatter best when I tried various vegetation packs a while ago (they offered some assets for free and the scatter tool was also free at the time so one could try out everything before buying assets). There is an amazing thread here on the original development, pretty much from zero (ironically because BG’s pack was too expensive for the founder) to him starting his own company, which is fun and inspirational to read if one has a bit of free time on one’s hand. I only decided against buying it because is went over my budget and I didn’t really need it yet and had to prioritize other add-ons.

But when I was writing up my experiences with it as a response, and double-checked the website, I found out they had switched to a subscription-only business model. It was pricey before, but IMO worth it; now I’m gonna die on the hill of refusing that business model. Though others might not care, and I don’t want to start an argument here, so this is just a quick warning. The product is definitely high quality, and was a cut above the rest a year and a half ago (Grass Essentials wasn’t even in the same ballpark).

2 Likes