Blender Keyboard Shortcuts (PDF) - Download

Here a pdf with not just a few shortcuts, but all of them. But check the video to get an impression on using it and getting it (for free, of course).

Thank you. This could be most helpful.

1 Like

You’re welcome and nice to see appreciation, thanks.

Hi Peetie,

Thank you very much. This is a handy reference especially for those shortcuts that we don’t use very often.

Cheers and stay safe!

1 Like

Hi Paul, thanks, I hope to improve the layout one day. But all the shortcuts are there. There is an addon “is key free”, and it generates a text file with the shortcuts. I posted it because I saw quite a demand.

Hi Peetie,

That’s another handy new (for me) addon I didn’t know about. I think you’re the king of addons.

Sorry to hear your blender-addon site isn’t bringing in any revenue. Have you considered some low key ads or affiliations or something like that to help? I wonder how many blenderheads out there that you’ve help find addons they were looking for. I know you’ve help me find some (both paid and free). Speaking of which Molecular seems to be back which is cool. Haven’t tried it yet though.

Cheers,
Paul

I tried low-key ads a few months ago, but it’s not that attractive. It gives like 10 dollars a month. Affiliates work better and is like a quarter of the total revenue I make. Sometimes, instead of low-key ads, I promote my own products.

The molecular addon is indeed interesting. I didn’t have much time, though, to experiment more.

I see you are quite into math and procedural modeling. Is that right? I think it helps to create “Digital Content” fast and attractive. (I mean it’s faster than creating a whole landscape). What are your favorite addons for that?

Hi Peetie,

Yes, I do like math (it’s my major) and procedural modeling. I’m always looking for tricks and tips for this. I’m still a beginner but trying to improve all the time. My latest discovery is procedural textures by Pascal Deraed Spy Spider Bot Behind the Scenes article on BlenderNation. Very cool stuff.

At the moment my favorite addon is Kit Ops [$] and Chipp Walters’ other related addons. They are very handy for building things like spaceships, buildings, prototypes, etc… (yes I’m a huge sci-fi fan). Picked up some new kit bashes today that I’ll be converting to Kit Ops packs. Simple Renaming Panel is super helpful also when working with large number of objects (like in kit-bashes). Also, JSplacement is also very good for making height maps that one can then use in Blender (and other software).

My favorite procedural texture is hard to say but perhaps it’s the Procedural Rock Shader by Crosin [$] (here). One can learn a lot from it (although it’s not an easy one to fully understand that’s for sure).

There’s also Blender Terrain Mixer [$] which is pretty cool. I also love Sverchok and looking forward in starting to toy around with Blender’s new Geo Nodes at some point. Shape Generator [$] is also another one I like to play with. I can spend hours just experimenting with this one. Sorry, I seem to be rambling now. I guess I’m just Blender another addon junky, eh! Fun stuff though.

On a side note have you seen Ian Hubert’s Salad Mug - Dynamo Dream (episode 1) video on Youtube. It is freaking amazing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsGZ_2RuJ2A

Cheers and stay safe!

Hi Peetie,

I hope nothing I said made you decide to shutdown your blender-addons.org site. I thought it was a great resource and it will be missed. I guess you’ll be focusing your time and energy on other areas. The Blender landscape is changing and I hate seeing your site being one of the casualties.

Hi Paul,
No, not at all. Thank you for your reply, I was just very busy for a while.

A major in math! How I wish I had that. As kid, I was interested in math, but the teacher sent me at the back of the classroom. And I couldn’t see well what he was writing on the chalkboard.
Now I tried to learn about linear algebra, Fourier analysis, etc, but I have a hard time updating myself.

Yes, KIT ops, is the example of how a product is thought out; a free version and a paid version. The whole idea by @chippwalters is good. Also the product itself etc.

Ian Hubert is awesome. The very first YT video I’ve seen from him made an impact on me. And there was not even anything 3d in it. He just said something in the camera, that’s all. Ah, update, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqmb41EMoeY&t=18s I guess it’s how confident he talks to the camera, I don’t know what it is.

I have to check al those other addons you mention, but I will try first the update of Nodescapes when it’s out.

Cheers, take care!

Hi Peetie,

Ok, good luck to you in whatever your next endeavor(s) might be.

I’ve been looking at Nodescapes for a bit but I’m annoyed they just popped out another addon and basically leaving their older ones on the side (from the looks of it). They do give you a coupon if one has purchased True-Terrain so I guess there’s that. Addon looks similar to TerrainMixer and another one called TerrainNodes (https://gumroad.com/l/yOnrv) (this one is cool as it allows one to erode your landscape). There is definitely some similar functionality being built here. So heavy competition on the landscaping front it seems. It’s hard to guess which one is the best but time will tell. I think the winner will be the one that makes it easiest to bring in your height maps from other apps like Gaea and/or World Builder.

Might try Nodescapes if time permits and I can still get it on discount. One trend I’m not liking is addon prices in general are climbing up and up! Not good for us hobbyists.

Cheers,
Paul

Yes, I don’t understand why most blender users (and /or addon developers) have their target audience in Blender users. Digital Content creation is booming, yet that Blender artist that tries to make a living is poor.

My goal was to help out those artists and bring the standard Content Creation industry and Blender a bit closer to each other. But it’s like shouting about it to the world, and a few hear it. And those who hear it don’t understand it.

What I mean, who else is better than making Digital Content than Blender users? In the industry, it’s still Adobe and adobe again (and 3Ds max sometimes). Thousands of Blender users could make a living if the industry were a bit more up to date. They usually have no idea what 3d software like Blender is. They think, "Oh, haha, explosions… ". And those companies that use 3d software ask all about 3Ds Max and Maya.

There are outstanding artists out there who don’t have money to buy 3Ds max. I should give up, but if there is an opportunity I could help someone, I would.

Yes, hobby is a different story,

Hi Peetie,

I think Blender is becoming much more visible and used within the creative community. It’s much more powerful and user friendly than it has ever been. We are now seeing amazing works done with Blender more than I’ve ever seen before. Even pro level stuff is now appearing everywhere from twitter, Facebook, BlenderArtists, YouTube, Vimeo, etc… I’m also seeing up and rising students creating incredible stuff with Blender. I’m sure they will bring that into their jobs or businesses. See Gift of Nature by Jerzy Gorski to see an example of what I mean. Just amazing (on top of that he did it without addons). Gift of Nature - Animated Short Film

I think you’ve already helped the community with your addon site which helped artists and Blender users find useful tools that made things just a bit easier and quicker to do in Blender. For Pros they will use whatever will make it quicker/faster and ideally cheaper for the job at hand. If Blender fits they will use it. If not they use other tools (as they can afford it). I’m seeing production houses and small studios now including (or at least) testing Blender within their pipeline so Blender usage it growing. Still room though. I am seeing more Blender coverage in 3D Magazines than ever before to (like 3D Artists Magazine - which I subscribe to). Also, people like Ian Hubert and others like him are opening allot of eyes! He’s already got over 600K views.

Checkout this amazing Largest GC Challenge put out by Clinton Jones (aka pwnisher) . I would bet some of these where done with Blender. To bad they don’t list the software used but I guess they wanted it to be about the art not the software.

The other thing also to consider as more people jump into Blender the more competition there will be so this will make it harder for those who want to make a living using Blender and it’s ecosystem. It’s like you said that one will need to “market” themselves if they want to become more visible. Which also puzzles me as to why you stopped your blender-addons.org site. It’s a great vehicle for just that. I’m guessing you have something else in the works.

Cheers and good luck,
Paul

1 Like

Thanks, that makes all sense.
No, I don’t have anything else in the works, at the moment I am very exhausted, kind of paralyzed / feverish. A bit of overworked (worked 10+ hours a day for months, maybe years already).
Yes vehicle, that was it (not at the moment for now).

Hi Peetie,

Ok, take care of yourself and don’t forget to take it easy and rest/relax so you can recharge! One’s health is very important! I speak from someone who’s had cancer so you must rest. If you are running a fever then make sure you get lots of rest and liquids and maybe check to make sure it is not covid related or something else like the flu.

Have you considered asking for volunteers / help from the Blender community for your website? I’m sure there would be people out there that would be glad to assist (in one form or another). I for one being an example.

Rest easy and stay safe!

1 Like

Hi Peetie,

I see your blender-addons.org website is back! This is nice to see. Hope you’re feeling better too. Make sure you take the weekend to rest, decompress and enjoy some relaxation. I’ll likely be doing some biking and perhaps a movie marathon on Sunday (for us 2 movies is a marathon).

Cheers and happy blending!

1 Like