BMW i8 - Shading

Big update guys !

i have finished the exterior (pretty much), well here you go:

(all screens are 3K)

c’est tre beau! Bien fait. Topo looks very clean… those tail lights are praticularly impressive to me. I have to be somewere this evening but I intend on making the video tonight.

Thanks thornton :),

here are the wires :

now, you can judge the topo easily :wink:

i thought some close ups :

more details on the back:

the wipers and the side mirrors:

what do you think ?

It looks damn good. IDK what else to say besides damn…:eek:.

Before I move away for college I want a signed copy of this thing for my apartment. More specifically I want a poster print with this, the maserati, and im certain you will have another cycles rendered car in the next 6 months finished, together, almost in a circular patern, all facing the center. I also need to convince zuzzi to send me one of the r8 that he did. All of you need to stop making such good models so I dont want it on my walls so bad XD

i’ll try to, thanks, now i have to start the interior.

Hey, maybe we can trade tips here. I have to do an interior on my own, and really id like to do a full int if I can. I already have the wheel and things like that done but really have no clue where to start on it so that it meshes seamlessly with the car model its self… and tonight ill get around to a video on the wheel walls.

sure why not, i’ll post my screens. usualy i start with the same methode as for exteriors, edge modeling the contours and so…

ok, cool. still will be cool to see some pics. The sports cars vs luxury cars have a few more twists and turns that at this time im just not sure what the best way to go about doing is yet. maybe seeing how you do yours will give me some inspiration on mine. what is hard for me is not modling the interior as much as making sure it fits in the exterior seamlessly.

when i start, i don’t care a lot on how it fits, i make sure to have the appropriate proportions, after that i reajust to fit perfectly with the rest ;), i think if i have some free time i’ll make a timelapse on that :slight_smile:

that would awesome

i know it’s been a while, i didn’t abandon, it’s just that i don’t have enough time for blender right now, that why.

but after passing my exam i’ll have all the time i want so…, i just wanted to say that :slight_smile: (in case).

Great work as always. I look forward to following your progress (after your exams of course!). I also enjoyed your Maserati edge modeling video. I hope you capture more modeling session videos to show your technique.

Hey there,

I just had some free time, and yeah, straight to blender :).

Modeled the seats, here they are:

Front seats:

Back seats :

Didn’t found enough references on this ones, so…

And a general view :

so, what do you say :slight_smile: ?

oh, i didn’t have enough time to record, but the principle is the same, i used the same workflow, tracing the main shape and then making the faces :

and voila, that’s it for now, peace :).

Awesome modeling.You just made matcaps look cooler.Amazing topo too!.

impressive work!!!

where did you get the profile curves from?

Thanks time :wink:

I modeled them of course :), i modeled everything from scratch, i always start modeling the general shape and then filling the gaps :wink: