Brazilian Bar

I remember countless times when my grandfather Mr. Monteiro (in memoriam) would quickly pass by a bar and take me with him. I had a Pepsi Cola and he had a beer with the characteristic ‘copo americano’ (american glass), as it is known here in Brazil.
It took me approximately two months to research and create this 3D scene, considering several characteristics of a traditional Brazilian bar from the 70s/80s such as architecture, furniture and cultural characteristics. My memories of those childhood days. Here is my tribute to my beloved grandfather.

Breakdown:

67 Likes

The decoration of the entire scene is simply great. Including “little” details like the improbably-drooping electric lines. A brick texture on one of the streets and a mural on the other? Why not?! Now, I do think that you should do something to suggest “doors,” and maybe the lighting should be a little different (color?) in the interior to better “separate it” from the outside. (It takes a “visual moment” to realize that we are also looking inside the place.)

Meanwhile, this is the sort of place where I might want to park my jalopy and sincerely drink a toast to the memory of your grandfather. :slight_smile: Sounds like he was “quite an interesting gentleman.”

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your words and suggestions for adjusting lighting.
In this art, I considered characteristics of this type of establishment that is very common here in Brazil. In this work specifically, I researched images of real places and objects from the 70s and 80s. That’s why I also opted for colors that refer to a vintage atmosphere in the post-production treatment. As if it were an old photo.
Thanks again! :slight_smile: A toast!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.
While most artworks in 3D seem pointless, vulgar and/or ugly; your scene here gathers so much poetry that I can’t help leaving a comment; the very original subject and the technique demonstrate a lot of consciousness and emotion; everything matches perfectly: the format, the observation, the delicate brush strokes and the colors of warm day faded photography effect. Congratulations for not ruining it with a character; just as the impressionist painting, the charm passes much better thought the objects only. You have reach a great level and will surely go far. That’s the kind of work that justifies all the rest.

Only one little remark: as pedras da rua a direita sao demasiado grandes.

1 Like

Lovely and very nostalgic, you nailed the feeling! Good work! :brazil:

Only thing missing is a random stray dog. :dog2: :grin:

Imagino que seja proposital. Muitos objetos na cena estão com escala diferente em comparação com objetos reais, dando um efeito de diorama.
en: I do think it’s on purpose. Many objects are on a different scal to their real world counterparts, it gives the scene a diorama effect.

1 Like

(…LoL) I considered adding a stray dog, but in the end, I chose not to include any character in the scene. Thank you! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your words about this work. If, I tried to put a lot of emotion and good memories during the creative process. :pray:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

awesome work dude!!! love it

1 Like

Thank you twice!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!