Challenge #796 (21/09/18) Entries CLOSED

“OREO PRO”

Cycles. A vignette made from chocolate sprinkles? Done!

21 Likes

I thought it would be about time to do another WEC entry. :wink: - Nothing special though, just a bit of 3d “light painting” in a back alley.

EDIT: Dang, that forum tries to be smart and crops long images for the preview. Just click it to see the whole image as intended.:wink:

Title “Light Painting” - Pure. - Modeling, texturing, rendering and compositing done in Bforartists, with some minor color adjustments in Affinity Photo afterwards.

Some cool entries so far. I really dig the “tag” of icyou520: great style, colors and composition… and photox “Oreo Pro”, because apart from the technique behind the rendering, who doesn´t want to be an “Oreo Pro”? ^^

3 Likes

Light In the Dark.

Pure
1000 Samples.

Removing noise from this image was easily 10 times harder than any other project i’ve worked on to date.

11 Likes

A while ago I actually used Blender to create an image of a poster for an SCP I was writing. I might actually enter something if I have time later.

Non-competing

1 Like

3D Typography “Pool”

9 Likes

Of Letter and Power

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples, procedural textures and compositor.

6 Likes

Super nice!

How did you remove the noise?

3d - a shader exam

just some shader experiment, it turned out ok.
postpro done in blender.

Thank you.

I ended up using branch path tracing and multi jitter.
Here’s the settings for sampling and paths.

Your entry is fantastic.

How did you make that background - if you don’t mind me asking :slight_smile:

thx a lot! bpt sure helps with those difficult scenes, passes can also help a lot with those issues. If you have not already seen this tutorial; https://youtu.be/Gq5YWSpvME8

I used two render layers, one with the text object, the other layer a particles system. On that layer i used the same text but with a hold out node to block particles behind the object and gave the camera some depth of field. later combined both renders in the compositor.

I also made a animation out of it, with a somewhat more appealing particle system. I used the same hold out node trick to block particles behind the text;

(Not a entry)

(Not a entry)

1 Like

Thanks for the comment!

Interesting way to add light variation, i’ll use it.

I hope it works out for your scene. It usually gives the illusion of lots of glass, reflections and caustics.

Don’t mind me, shamelessly plugging myself… I’ve wanted to create a skywriting-style banner image for a while now. Thanks for giving me the impetus! This is my first entry. It’s also a pure entry.

Click here to view the image in another window

Any tips on increasing the cloud density/detail are welcome – as is general feedback! :wink:

4 Likes

Here’s mine. Pure.

Life is but a Dream

Pure entry. For the text I used the FreeSerif font. The rest is made in Blender, using only procedural textures.

A quick entry which doesn’t make much sense. I just wanted to make this effect with the water reflection. Tomorrow I’ll render an image with higher resolution.

3 Likes

AWSOME !!! love it man … Damm i want to eat it

1 Like

Here is my non-competing entry:

PIXELATED

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

RobertT

6 Likes

I’m not entering this challenge, but I hope people make sure to click on that thumbnail to see the full image before commenting (as the thumb itself looks like a horribly compressed jpeg).

2 Likes

LOL, thanks, @Ace_Dragon :smiley:

Lately I’ve been going with very low res JPGs for previews hoping to encourage people to see the larger image.

This particular preview image is the lowest res JPG :wink: and it’s kind of in keeping with my approach to the topic this week.

Would love to see a Weekend Challenge entry from you some time!

RobertT

At first I wondered about the high compression, but when I read the title, it made me laugh. :slight_smile:

I second that!

On that note. Nice to see so many entries and welcome to everyone entering the first time. If everything goes according to plan, this will be the first time we break the ‘20 competing entries barrier’ on the new site. (However, one entry seems to have been switched to ‘non-competing’ over night, so we are currently back at 18 competing entries.)

There is still a some time left, So bring 'em on! :wink: