Challenge #814 (25/01/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #814 for Friday 25th of January 2019 is:

Reunion

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 28, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Of all the times to start getting back into this, this is probably not the best time as I don’t have much of it :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Party

Open, 1000 samples with denoising, taken from http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/The-House-in-Front-of-the-World.Vivenda-das-Rosas.html and http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Party.House.html

4 Likes

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “Reunion island”
Cycles 256s.
Island - lot of textures mixed and repainted in gimp.
Buildings - just textured cubes as particles
Trees - sapling leaves as particles
Clouds - Mballs and musgrave textured cubes as volumes
I couldnt get sun position plugin work in B2.8 so I have made envoirmental texture old fashioned way
I tried to maintain real topography of the island.

14 Likes

“Fiery Reunion”
Pure, Competing, Cycles, 256 Samples, Denoising, Faces done with Texture Paint

5 Likes

@3dnotguru I was going to do a reunion island scene as well but this beta testing has my laptop and PC pretty tied up. Nice rendering BTW.

Alright here is my super quick entry.

I am NOT one of these people that think the world is ending with the buyout, but I thought this would be funny.

Graveyard Reunion:

Non-Competing Cycles 45 minutes of work.

7 Likes

Return from Deployment

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, rifle from my cnc patterns library, everything else new. Border, slight contrast adjustment, and name with Paintshop Pro.

Its a special time coming back from deployments. Its a time for reunion and rekindling relationships.

5 Likes

@PyBlend

Aunt Earth: Aw, Moon, you look so sad. Why don’t you go play with your cousin?
Cousin Meteor: I’m gonna make a hole in your face, hahaha!
Moon: Sigh… I hate my life…

The face of cousin meteor is simply hilarious. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, they lead us.

2 Likes

lol. I think I fell into the “AAHHHH! THE SKY IS ON FIRE!!!” crowd.

Went and grabbed a perpetual license just in case they go away in the future. No clue how to use it. I’m still trying to learn procedural materials.

Hopefully not throwing away some cash. :wink:

Is that the blood of all the lost users on the ground?!?!?!?

@Millani haha, thank you, I’m quite proud of those faces myself.

I was going for the Apollo Reentry Capsule, but your narrative works too. :grin:

“Arnie, the Raindrop”

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples + denoising)

11 Likes

In progress - false color image
Thanks again @Millani

Competing entry Pure? Open? I am sorry I read the guide and 99% percent of time was in blender and all models are new so I guess it is pure.

“An old friend”

All models were made specifically for this scene including grass rocks and plants. The leave texture, butterfly texture and background colour was done in procreate. The Hdri is from HDRI haven and I changed the levels a bit in affinity photo.

Hope you like it!

19 Likes

Cute render!

1 Like

Here is my non-competing entry:

Please click / tap the image for full resolution.

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, manually sculpted, only procedural textures.

*I continue to draw inspiration from Homer’s Odyssey and the character Odysseus who yearns to complete his epic journey and get back home to his wife Penelope.

This render depicts their reunion in the form of a stylized artifact.

Some more about the Odyssey and these characters:

(* For WC812,“my hometown” theme, I depicted Odysseus heading back home.)

RobertT

8 Likes

Well, I missed last weeks, cause I counldn’t think of something. But this week I came up the something.
Render with Cycles, 128 samples, denoise, with filmic. It’s also an open entry.
I call it “Reunion Of Two Warriors”.

3 Likes

Puzzlecube

startet as a puzzle and ended fiddeling around with HOps ud Boxcutter. It mutated to some kind of scifi box but… it fits somehow.
Pure eevee render

4 Likes

The Big Crunch

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

The big crunch is a theory which basically states that the process of the Big Bang will one day revert, and all atoms of the Universe will collapse into a single place. On that day, everyone will be reunited. :slight_smile:

I was really sloppy with the whole thing, but I like how it turned out.

7 Likes