Challenge #821 (15/03/19) Entries CLOSED

OPEN entry “Sandstorm”
Cycles 256s

4 Likes

nice lighting, also like the pareidolia effect in it. :slight_smile:

@RayVelcoro thank you for the blend file. I’ve played a bit with my glass, but couldn’t get it to work. Then i used solidify as @Helge said and this is what i get. I’m coming closer to what i had in mind

6 Likes

ur sand is looking great! perhaps some upscaling for the upper section…

Thank you, I think i forgot to add modifiers haha. Gonna fix that now

Sadly I don’t have time for that now. Though I still think that I’ll use the first one.

On second thought i think you are right. Its a stunning entry.

Happy Birthday Lord Vader
Someone told the intern Lord Vader would love sand…
Pure.

4 Likes

I agree with Rayvelcoro on sand interaction. I like the first one and a quick easy method is to add a sphere or something inside the piece where you are wanting some more sand interaction. Then sculpt the sphere in the areas you need to get a sand buildup and then apply the sand material to the sphere.

Thanks for the tip, I was wondering how would I do that. But I can’t spend too much time on this one now.

1 Like

Can’t forget snakes, and pythons that can eat small animals in one gulp. Always said Florida is like training ground for anyone wanting to visit Australia. :slight_smile:

The collapse
Pure, procedural materials only.

40 Likes

Pure, Cycles
Let’s call it
“Still going”

9 Likes

Damn, the wet sand looks very real, would love to see the setup there.

2 Likes

Wow, this not only an incredibly realistic rendering, but also a great take on the theme. - You got my vote for sure. ^^
And as domosk writes, some “behind the scenes” information on the setup of this scene would be very interesting to see. :smiley:

@Maxime: Wow!!! What a concept, blew my mind.

1 Like

The real question is, is the voting really necessary at this point? :smile:

4 Likes

You nailed it here!

2 Likes

just awesome!

This could very well be a stockimage/poster. Sell it!

I would love to see a additional render with the sand texture a bit more scaled. (more sand in the character) .

1 Like

Desert

Pure Cycles render

9 Likes