Challenge #830 (17/05/19) Entries CLOSED

“First Light”
pure entry - cycles
768 samples

updated to remove noise

4 Likes

Disturbed Causality

Non-competing

Cycles, 2000 samples, filmic, Graswald ($)

First time for everything is fundamentally linked to change. Change to process, technology or perception and all linked to change in linear causality. Chaos, bounded change, is the source for innovation and the firsts of different events.

2 Likes

That snake will have some digestion problems when it eats a rat. :stuck_out_tongue:

Leaving the Nest
Non-competing (Pure), Eevee

18 Likes

Yahoo buys Google (Pure)

:hear_no_evil: :scream_cat:

A first time for everything indeed.

4 Likes

That sounds like a nightmare! Made me cringe seeing that. Hahaha

Haha, don’t worry, there’s a better chance our sun turns into a giant cat and licks humanity to extinction than this happening.

1 Like

Original Science

Pure entry, 1000 samples with denoising. I can’t bring myself to like my entry… Bit of a rush job this week, turns out WoW classic beta won’t play itself :wink: Now All I have to do is stick a couple of these trees in my greenhouse, maybe make some new ones.

3 Likes

Couldn’t come up with anything quick enough to get something entered again this week. Got wrapped up in a car that I am modeling. Was thinking about banging it up against a telephone pole and titling it "First Accident " But figured since I started it before the theme was picked I would just not enter anything. And still have a lot to do on the model.
Cool entries so far as well everyone.

Not an entry

9 Likes

First Flight, Last Flight

Pure entry. Blender 2.8, Cycles 256 samples + denoising + compositing, procedural textures only.

8 Likes

Why is your HAT talking? :smiley:

I love your style, how did You do that lightning?

@FlyingBanana
I was trying to model this car too, but my results weren’t so good so i abandoned it :D.
Can’t wait to see you on front page tho

1 Like

It is a long process and thanks for the complement but I doubt front row, cars are plentiful and people get tired of seeing renders of them. Thanks again though. Topology is key.

First Time So Comfy
Pure

Had a lot of issues and hold-ups this time so I ended up deviating from my original idea quite a lot.
Still, I’d say this fits the bill first time wise.

3 Likes

Probably not. :wink: However, having “Elephants in the stomach” is an old saying around snakes being in love…

That would definitely make a hilarious animation. But I fear, I’m lacking time and skills to make that happen…

The simple answer would be “There is a first time for everything”. But I guess it is just the talking hat of a witch which stepped on quicksand. :wink:

Thanks. :slight_smile: As I started to work on this one around 02:00 in the morning, I had to speed up the production a little. Because of that, this is just a simple point light in front of an “infinity cove” background. Something like this:
grafik
(Oh - and, of course, Filmic is helping a lot to sell the effect.)

I was referencing The Little Prince, bit yours is even funnier :smiley:

Thank you for tips, such Simple solution

That’s interesting. I wasn’t aware of that image/page. Well, it is too late to replace the elephant now - but I guess Antoine de Saint-Exupéry will not sue me over this one.

Here is my non-competing entry:

AD-ASTRA, THE FIRST ASTRONOMER

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

RobertT

8 Likes

“Baloney Shark”
Non-competing.
firstbagshark13s

5 Likes

love it! procedural?

A New Day
Pure Entry

This one had a lot of firsts for me, but I set out to do my first 2D style scene and boy did I learn a thing or two. When I saw the subject for this week I just felt that this is the day to try it out, and that ended up informing what the subject of the scene would be.

I’ve seen a fair few images like this and I am not 100% on what it’s called. I’m sure it’s not classified as low poly :laughing:, but it has that same sort of early games feel with a lot of 2D graphics.
It was a lot of fun make whatever it’s called and I will definitely revisit it, maybe do something a bit simplistic and play with the style more.
Anyways great stuff this week, a lot of variety!

10 Likes