Challenge #846 (06/09/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #846 for Friday 6th of September 2019 is:

80s Anime

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 9, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

lol. I am so in. First thought is the motorcycle from Akira.

But I loved Appleseed. and BlackMagic M-66. and Robotech/Macross. and Vampire Hunter D. and Nausicaa. and Gundam. and Dragon Ball. and Bubblegum Crisis. and StarBlazers…and the list goes on and on.

Child of the 80’s. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh man, vampire hunter D. Now I’m going to have to watch it tonight. Then maybe follow it up with SOE Hellsing, maybe do Alucards gun in that series along with police girls gun too.

1 Like

Blue gender, assination classroom, papareka, yu yu hokasho, basilisk, ninja scroll, tri gun, ghost in the Shell, desert punk. :grin:

I’m definitely going to try to be in this one might not get started until after tomorrow

Nausicaä is my favorite Miyazaki movie!

In the 80’s the first anime I recall is Gekkō Kamen, although technically is from the 70’s

And not what most would consider Anime but…

3 Likes

eh, its close enough. :slight_smile:

Loved that show too. snarf.

1 Like

I really wanted to do Cowboy Bepop but i see it was released in 1998 :frowning:

I love it !!! For me the small robot of this animation series Ulysses - Odysseas

at least i ll try:smiley:
robot

Nono the robot!
Pure
Eevee + HDRI Image

i’m feeling hungry:smiley:

4 Likes

Yoko Tsuno, was one of my favorites back there.
“On the Edge of Life” masterpiece work.

4 Likes

I have been working on a mobile suit Gundam for almost a month, lazy :sweat_smile:
just finished it yesterday but I guess I can’t compete with it so here it is non-competing

tried to keep the old look of the anime, I was really into the Gundam wing series, probably watched it 10 maybe 12 times by now :joy:

5 Likes

Does He-Man count? Pretty sure my dad loved that as a kid in the 80s. It’s kinda cool how we have people of such diverse ages here :smile:

Okay i have added some last minute changes in my entry. The first one was too dark i guess. And now everything is modeled in blender, cycles 500 samples. background is just blender preetham sky texture now. Hope you guys like it. i would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

My Neighbor Totoro

This is my first entry…

My neighbor totoro
Pure cycles 500 samples. (Background: forest image on a plane)

1 Like

It’ll definitely annoy all anime fans, go for it! :smiley:

2 Likes

HeeeeMaaaaaannnnn!!!

It was animated so it would be anime. lol.

I know a few friends who would shank me in the back for that statement. :smiley:

Akira Bike

Competing - Pure

Cylces, 3000, filmic, name and minor brightness correction with Paintshop Pro.

Akira was an iconic show that probably shaped my emotional state for the rest of my life. A ton of fun to make. All new geometry. About 5 to 6 hours to make plus a 2 hour render.

5 Likes

Recreation of scene of 80s anime “Armitage III”

I think it’s Pure as I made all assets except face (generic one) and tshirt (also generic).

Eevee render without modification. Original image and text added in postprocessing.

Here’s blender file: download

8 Likes

Ok, it’s a race for the second place now, first one is already taken. :wink:

2 Likes

Searching Shenlong

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures, using HDRI for lighting/reflection, effects added with GIMP.

Raw render :

5 Likes

"Gone in 80s"

non competing (pure), cycles (512 samples)

3 Likes