Challenge #923 "Shop" (26/02/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #923 for Friday 26th of February 2021 is:

Shop

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Mar 1, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Array Modifiers Out Of Stock

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Ok, I have something for this if I can get it done this time. :smiling_imp:

Cone Head

Open entry :slight_smile: here it is, as foreseen by me, 1000 samples. Spent half the time posing my two favorite actors, the other half playing with lighting and materials. Hope you all like it. Taken from Ice Cream Shop Challenge :: Cone Head (franciscocharrua.com) and In the Shadows :: Underneath a Gas Lamp (franciscocharrua.com). The hat came from Crazy Hats :: Beyond the Wall of Pink (franciscocharrua.com).

2 Likes

Looking forward to it!

Not calling dibs, just mentioning that I’m working on something that includes Suzanne, the Newell Teapot, the Stanford Bunny, and the Sutherland Team Volkswagen – open, of course. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

I think I’m going to go a little off the wall on this one literally. 🤷👀

Make the theme trains

2 Likes

I like trains

2 Likes

@Helge make it trains

3 Likes

A toy train shop would be on theme . . . :+1:

7zkiG

8 Likes

No. Just trains

2 Likes

Actually, I don’t choose the themes. The winner of the previous challenge takes care of that.
So, all you need to do is to win this round and you can make ‘trains’ the next weekend’s theme. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trains are the best tho

2 Likes

Guys, make it trains.

2 Likes

You have to win to make it trains.

3 Likes

I like trains to

2 Likes

Temptations at the Checkout

Open entry, Cycles render, 64 samples & compositor denoising in 2.92.0. Composition is Rule of Thirds, 8x5 aspect ratio, 85mm focal length with DoF, roughly square hue palette. Environment is interior.exr (one of Blender’s included studiolights), other than that all textures are procedural. Thing I did for this that I’ve never done in Blender before: filled a cylinder with Suzannes.

Open because I used historic models that (unlike Suzanne and the Newell Teapot) don’t come with Blender, the Sutherland Team’s VW Bug and the Stanford Bunny. The rest of the modeling (feet & wind-up knobs for the teapots, trim for the VW Bugs, the display bases, etc) I did inside of the WC period.

I wanted more detail (printing on the display bases, fingerprints on some of the surfaces) but I don’t think I’ll have time, so I’m posting this now.

7 Likes

“It’s a shopper, baby!”

non competing (pure), Cycles (64 samples + denoising), Blender 2.92.0

10 Likes

Trains… yes. more trains

2 Likes

more trains!

2 Likes