Challenge #980 "Human Portrait" (01/04/22) Entries CLOSED

For those interested in the process

3 Likes

My self portrait.

Open, sculpted in vr(medium) also eyes painted in medium, textures, lighting, hair etc done in blender.

5 Likes

My Unfinished Piece (Non-Competing)

Honestly this is my very first sculpt I made by I am not totally disappointed. I will have to have more practice into sculpting ,but I will stick with modeling for now because I like it more.

4 Likes

La Femme

Non-competing, but pure. Cycles + workbench, postpro with Gimp.

Going the stylized route, hairs made with curve plus procedural displacement texture. Head model done by making face loops based on a reference and filled in the gaps (no sculpting as I’m more of a box modeling person). There are some imperfections here and there actually, only taking a camera angle that looked good (and also no posing).

13 Likes

Not sure if it’s angel wings or if there’s a duck doing a headstand behind her :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, are you going to submit something or take a break this week :grin:?

Incoming :slight_smile:

We had a burglary at our house last week :face_vomiting: so been quite busy those days. But now most of the paperwork is done :slight_smile:

“Portrait” of a cheating ex husband

Pure / Blender 3.1.2

7 Likes

are you good?? that’s awful

That sucks! :grimacing: Sorry to hear that. Hope you are okay!

Everything OK. Nothing happened to anyone and they didn’t get very far either, because they then noticed that we were at home. We sat on the middle floor and watched TV. We didn’t hear anything from the visitors, didn’t notice anything. Are in through the garage (electric gate levered open), then through the utility room and the connecting door into the house. A few nice things were stolen anyway, jackets and backpacks from the cloakroom, my mountain bike and lots of tools from the garage. The police were here until 3 a.m. Was like in all the crime movies can always be seen. Fingerprints collected etc. :slight_smile: Now the insurance has work and we have a brand new alarm system - and a new MTB of course :wink:

6 Likes

Here’s my try… Not the first try of a human face, but one of a few. I can call it “Practice, practice, practice…” (like how to get to Carnegie Hall?) Pure. All new.

At this point I finished because whatever I changed, both Cycles and Eevee now crash when I try to render. Not sure who it looks like as a portrait…
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Igor,
Pure Eevee

3 Likes

Head hunters, this way =>

1 Like

Given time I could have got a lot closer but here is a quick comparison for the curious.

1 Like