Completed - Flying wale boat 2.83 splash - (Make a Splash in Amsterdam)

Wip-colors

Hi, my name is Nehuen and I am from Patagonia, Argentina. I have been modeling for the challenge and I want to share my work in process with you.

Some sketches of the boat.

The splash that I choose to work is by Ian hubber. I really like to model environments so this piece gave me the opportunity to have fun redesigning the scene. I enjoy creating appealing objects with a lot caracter and many details, so a flying wale boat with a steampunk vibe was the perfect excuse for me.

I have been using blender since version 2.79c for work and I focused in low poly model for video games.
Since this work will be uploaded to sketch fab, I did special emphasis in little details that you can find on the ship when you turn it around.

Process
Wip - modeling process

I will be sharing more of my work in progress soon. If you have any question let me now!

I hope you like it!

GIF3

15 Likes

I did some screenshot to share the different areas of the boat. All the zones are not finished yet, you can see different amounts of detail between them

Close up of the side house of the boat

Close up of the tables.

The washing area.

An “asadito” is happening in the back of the boat.

9 Likes

Hey! As we’re entering the final days of the challenge, I’d like to give you some helpful tips to make sure you can successfully complete your entry. Please see my new post on the FAQ topic.

1 Like

Hi guys! I am working in the finish touches, i want to share with you a close up of the scenes characters. Tomorrow i will trying to upload to sketchfab and check if the materials are working there.

1 Like

Almost there, starting to animate some objects.

1 Like

I love the colors and shape language! This is a great remix, and still feels reverent to the original.

Make sure to get it on Sketchfab by Thursday, September 15, and tag it #bcon22challenge

1 Like

Doing the first tests in sketchfab!

1 Like

Making minor animation adjustments at the last minute to give it a bit more life.

2 Likes

Hey! Just a quick reminder that there’s now less than 12 hours remaining to wrap up your challenge entry - submissions close at 2022-09-15T21:59:00Z, GMT+1 (click on the link for some international times).

If you haven’t done so already, please review this post which contains some essential information for preparing your submission.

At the very least, upload your work to Sketchfab as soon as possible and add the #bcon22challenge tag.

It’s also a good idea to add a link to your WIP topic in the description of your Sketchfab model so we can easily find it.

I’ll also keep a close eye on the FAQ topic today, so if you have any issues or questions please post it there as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Hey! We just announced the winners - check it out!

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this brilliant artwork!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step with an insight on modeling in Blender.

Thanks,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation

1 Like

Thank you so much, Alina!

1 Like