Cool Survival Horror Project... team of at least 8 people

Yes you say it fpsgod17!

I have already done an inventory, in which I can store all your items modeled, and from which I can get any item which is wished…I can post it here once it looks more decent…I hope you all are enjoying your work related to the project…I definitely do!
I m looking forward to seeing progress!

Ok, so after such an awesome display of artistry im a bit hesitant to post some images here, :wink:

So these are a few models i have been messing around with. they are not textured, im just testing my modeling skills, if you want the .blends just let me know. these are just me experimenting, but they may do as place holders until we create some much more detailed ones.

Like i said please dont be harsh as i am new to blender, but i would love crits and ideas on how to improve these.

Thanks
Josh

@Brinemobee,
these look like good models from just what i can see in the renders. i would like to see the .blend file so i can see how many polys each has and basically how you modeled them. Nice job :wink:

It is 15 minutes after 0 o clock here and I sadly have to go to bed…as I said a disadvantage of lying 5 hours ahead…but cant help it…
anyways were making so much progress that it will be only a matter of time when the game will be finished…
Good Night!

Yeah sure here you go, I Know that some of them are too high poly, i forgot to knock down the edges on some of the cylinders and im pretty sure that you could do the craks in the doors with textures and whatnot

Here is another, too high poly i believe

haha yes all are very high-poly for such small objects except the bolt-lock, if you just replace the cylinders with lower poly ones it should be fine at like 150 total

Yeah thanks for the advice GJ, Are the models done ok though? other then knocking down the polycount? Also there are two bolt locks in the last one, layer 1 and 2 each have a seperate one.

I have never modeled for game before so this is all new to me :smiley:

yeah the models look nice, I like them! And sorry i didn’t see the other one but that too could follow the same guidelines i mentioned above and instead of have the keyhole attached to the mesh you could make it floating geometry, or unattached to get rid of those tri’s but overall they look nice, well done!

Hey guys, Heres some models iv been working on (was working on, just need the textures done now ;)) Tell me what u think of them! And be harsh,i can take crits, ok?

Attachments

medieval weapons.blend (883 KB)

Nice FPS! Just checked them out, i especially like the crossbow. They are very true to the time period as well. The saw looks like a torture implement. Good start man

Josh

Hey Guys, Im on a mission to create an awesome enviroment Scene, I will post my project in the next few days, Ill be modelling other stuff as well but this will be pretty darn cool i think. I will post a video in a few mins when its rendered

Also FPS and GJ Add me on Msn So we can chat and brainstorm.

[email protected]

Josh

Ok here are some shots of the vid, its gunna take an hour to upload. I just have some ambient occlusion and enviroment lighting at the moment, as im just trying to get a decent layout.

I dont really know why its so grainy but it kinda looks cool. this is for a crypt/catacombs underneath the castle maybe…

Crit both welcome and wanted, ideas needed!

Im going to put Skulls, Tombs, and Statues around, Im also thinking of walling off some of it so its more like a maze, making it really claustrophobic etc. although i think a run around in here with some baddies chasing could be good fun

Also this is only the beggining, i will add passageways, and anything people think will look cool.

EDIT: Also i intend to make it look much older… very decrepit

That looks very nice josh :smiley: I like the feel of it already…creepy and decrepit sounds good to me. Looks like you know what your doing, and i cant critique until you got more in there. Oh,and iv already added u to msn, we can chat whenever you like :wink:

I didnt know! lol i had a look but seems like i cant find ya, send me a message.

This is a quick vid of the Catacombs, I Am right now rendering a short camera scroll through a (very Roughly) textured version, was trying to get a feel for atmosphere, but i know nothing about lighting, so i dont think its going so good.

Im gunna have another bash at it, then ill post it on here when its a little bit more together. Still here are some screen shots

P.s these were the only textures i could find on my comp, as i ran out on CG textures for the day, and its 4am and i cant be assed to trawl through the internet lookin for better ones…need a CGtex membership baaadly

It’s looking pretty good! I like the textures even though they still need tweaking but it was a fast version like you said. Oh and do we have like a layout of the castle that i could start modeling the halls to or anything cause right now i dont know where to start

Brinimobee - Looks like you read my vaulting tut. Nice to see it getting used. I had a lot of good response to it.

That vid was nice, and the grainy texture is from the AO.

@3D Medieval Yeah man was an awesome find for me, and a great Tut! Thanks very much for it.

@FPS thanks mate

@GJ We dont actually mate, At the moment im thinking focus on the look for the game, what props etc are going to be used, what rooms what stuff. but yeah we do need a floor plan…

Ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roy1BS-QXUs This is the textured version

The .blend is attached also. Its just a rough concept.

Crit welcome

JOsh

This is just a basic inventory I created …it only holds a key texture in slot1, if a keyItem has been picked up…this is pretty basic since important things like ItemDescription and ItemCounter are missing and the inventory does not look to elegant…I discovered that I have to clean up my work, since I my work ended up quite unorganized, while working on the monster-player encounter…therefore I will restart everything and will do it organized this time , but because I now know how to do an inventory and make a simple encounter between monster and player this will actually go pretty fast…and I will have definitely have better things to show…

oops…sorry this one is without key-texture…but the next post will show a much nicer looking inventory…and this one is far too big…

Attachments