Destructive Extrude [BETA]

Cool man! Thanks for sharing! Happy new year!

1 Like

Nice

So will you have support for the various Snapping methods later?

Also noticed it creates doubles and have to remove doubles, so maybe have it run “Remove Doubles” after extruding, only for the verts / faces effected and not for the whole model.

1 Like

Hello Darcvizer. Though you made the addon for 2.8 I was curious to try it with Blender 2.79. Sadly the latest version doesn’t work with it.

Yes snapping next task

Fix double vertex in process

2 Likes

Not sure, I don’t think it’s reasonable to support version 2

Thanks for the addon! It wiil be super if You add this extrude to original alt+e menu

Yea I think he will do that eventually, naturally, since it was like that in 2.79

Thanks a lot for the work !!!

i just want to report a bug

somehow destructive extrude dont extrude on the Z axis perfectly ?? i dont understand why there’s such vertex crap there, i understand that i simple remove dubble should work but was this double vertex crĂ©tion a thing before the 2.8 version?

Annotation%202019-01-03%200121574

1 Like

This will be corrected. I had to increase the mesh for extrude since bmesh is just a piece of shit

3 Likes

Remove double unselected broken.
I added this to the script. How to fix it will work immediately and in the script

SiperPuper beta
add snap and select face
Destructive-Extrude.py (15.2 KB)

6 Likes

Hi Darcvizer ,

it doesn’t work for me

I use it with ctrl E.

Thanks for your work :slight_smile:

try to download the latest build, it works for me from January 4

Works with last release :slight_smile:
I should have thought about it.
I test it later in depth.

Thx Again
:+1:

The newest version of D.E. doesn’t work for me either. I’ve been using 0.8.9 for some time.

DE does not work in versions 2.7. where there is no carve method

in 2,8 works perfect. thank you again.

Can we do a basic extrude as before on the 2.79 ?
It was cool not to change tools, your add-on replaces Blender extrude tool for me before in both directions “Intrude and extrude.”

Thx Again

Unfortunately it is very difficult to do. Again, the problem is in BMESH. As soon as BF makes it quality, I will add this feature.

3 Likes

Can you make a report on developer.blender.org with the issue you are facing with Bmesh? This could be helpful - your tool is impressive and useful, and it’s worth it to keep this working well.

1 Like

Its really impressive and useful, i think this is one of the tools the Blender Foundation should consider to adopt and implement in the official build when 2.8 is stable in the future.
Blenders modelling tools need some love and this and Benjamin Saunder’s Edge Flow addon are easy targets.

2 Likes