Dodge Viper 2013

lol, thank you. i used a cloth sim for the leather base but i didnt like it. it doesnt look right. im not sure if im gonna try again or not.

here is the gear shifter and shift knob together.

next are the vents and emergency brake.

Dude. if you keep this high standard of work up i think you will make the top row .
mighty fine work there

thank you :slight_smile:

Iā€™d really like to know how you did your stitching of the wheel.

i duplicated and parented the inside loop, then did alt+c and converted it to a curve. i created a little stitching X and arrayed it and added a curve modifier. To make the actual stitching of the X, i used a circle with only 3 verts and did set smooth.

Takes a lot more computing power but is much more realistic

Thatā€™s pretty similar to what I was thinking. Youā€™re right it is much more realistic that way. I donā€™t see too many projects this ambitious. Iā€™m sure it will be worth it.

Edit: thanks for answering by the way

sure thing. ill upload tires today or tomorrow if i get around to it.

Can you please upload a video on how you did the stitching on the gear shifter (the bit circled in red)

sure. ill see if i can do it in a little bit.

Its not GREAT, but the tires will be moving in the final render so it wont be noticable.

I have a tip for the tyres. When you are in edit mod just set smooth the curvy bits and set flat the rest, it works wonders. Thanks for the tutorial

this is a good tip. i have played around with both ways. what i posted was the ā€œā€œcorrectā€ā€ way but by far not the best. Good tip.

These look familiar =)

these are my favorite tires aside from a good set of corsa semi-slicks. lol

Im getting started on the vid soon. i have to give something to someone and i dont want to be interupted

The video will not be ready for another hour or so, but when it is, here is the video.

all done, video is watchable now.

This is really nice, good attention to detail. If you can model the interior in full detail I will be very impressed. I am modelling a Dodge Viper SRT10 myself but I havenā€™t had the guts to tackle the interior. Maybe I will in the future? There is not much that I can see to critique at the moment so keep posting and I will be looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Thatā€™s my tire! i love them. :smiley: could i borrow one :smiley: hahah so i will donā€™t have to model it. :smiley: i can texture and set materials for them and send you back :smiley:

That tutorial cleared up everything and helps for future reference thank you. Have you have thought about making a career out of teaching blender to total noobs like me?