dragon evo

yes, selected the mesh, and parented it to the armeture…
what should i do instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

-thondal-

sorry for double posting, but haven´t gotten an answer yet… how do i get my animation to play of when i press space? And yes all the conrols are connected, and yes i´m sure that it is the right frames too… help anyone? please? a hint? anything?

-thondal-

I don’t think space bar works sometimes, try another key, or always just for troubleshotting. Also, it appears you have too many bones in that mesh, although it’s hard to tell without wires.

tried another key… doesnt work… oh, i know i have alot of bones… will fix it abit later…

-thondal-

no, I think you should probably fix it now. Just delete the whole thing and try to think about where you want the mesh to actually BEND at. That is where your joints will be… well at least from my experience anyway.

Do it now and things will be simpler to look at. Less moving parts equals less that can malfunction.

and name your bones

also, I haven’t read your previous posts, do you have vertex paint, vertex grouping, or envelopes as your main method of vertex assignment?

let’s see the envelopes and/or weight paint

eh… none of those… no envelopes and/or weight paint… but the animation works when i play it off with alt-a :stuck_out_tongue: why wouldnt it work in the bge?

-thondal-

I don’t know, it isn’t in Rest Postion is it?

what you mean by that?

ok. Did what I was adviced to do. and now the animation of the dragon works in game! YAY!

-thondal-

Congratulations man.:yes:

Ok… i´m actually thinking of finish 0.03 for now… 0.04 will be bigger and better :stuck_out_tongue:

-thondal-

Ok. So, i’m really happy that my game has gotten this far. As of now I have one major problems that needs to be fixed before i can work on stuff like fire, enemies and an actual meaning with the game.

So here is my question # 1 -
My dragon is falling over all the time. If i jump and land a bit to hard it falls over, if walk into rocks and other solid stuff in the terrain the dragon starts falling or being knocked over. I’ve tried the differen bounding methods, but none of them work. If someone could have a look at what the problem is, then the file is located on http://www.magicalpictures.net/dragonevo.html and it can be downloaded on the dragonevo 0.03 link there. Please help me. You don’t have to fix it, just tell me somewhat what i have to do.

-thondal-

You probably have ridgid body selected, unselect it… :slight_smile:

lol… yeah… fixed it :wink:
btw… i have a plane as my ground, but when when the ground goes upwards and the dragon walks on it, he falls trough(with rigid body he start whirling around :stuck_out_tongue: )
Help?

-thondal-

Ok. No big update for a while. And this won´t be the biggest. But will be doing so that people can download from now on an msi(installer) and the blend file. Seperately. 0.03 will come within 2 hours. Working on the installer for it. There are still a few bugs, but hopefully they will be fixed within 0.04 or 0.05. The next release will be just a few bug fixes and perhaps a few surprises.

I´m planning on some big new things in 0.05. Please bear with me. I´m learning as the game progress. But hopefully the new stuff in 0.05 will be very good.

Also, the installer will be installing the game so that you can remove it from add/remove in controp panel and you will be able to just accept to update the game when downloading the new versions… :smiley:

www.magicalpictures.net if you want to download the game some time.

-thondal-

little problem. I need to be playing off the wingflap animation when i press the space button (and so it does). But when i press the forward button it plays off another animation(and so it should). But when i press the forward and the space just the animation for the forward is played off(and it shoulndt) it should be the wingflap. I´ve tried a touch sensor, but it doesnt help any! HELP me.

Here are som screenies for the next release btw:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/thondal/Bilde1-1.png

-thondal-

You could make a forward and wings flapping animation to play with the W and Space key’s are pressed.

yes, but how do i choose two keys at the same time? It wont work with two different keys and then join them on the same animation… didn’t work last night at least.

-thondal-

Try it like this:

I have set it up so that the animation won’t play unless both key’s are pressed simultaneously.
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5788/98853426kn8.jpg

Make a seprate animation with the wings flapping and the dragon moving forward, then replace “Action Name Here” with that animation, it should work.

I did that… but i took a closer look and i had forgotten to connect some stuff. It took a bit more controlls and sensor, but now it works, but thanks for the guidance.

-thondal-