Dyntopo tests

I just thinking resurrect this thread i made a kind of intro blender 2.8 some changes in sculpt mode https://youtu.be/Qt8McFQPOBE hope to like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dyntopo sculpting is addicting!

4 Likes

Your dyntopo workflow is crazy good. I learned a lot from it. Thank you man!

Paint-over sculpt.

That sculpt is looking really cool!
Very good anatomy and proportions. Well balanced with recognizable sex, age and asian features. Love the brows ridge and the lips. Wouldn’t mind seeing a couple of more screenshots of this from other angles.
Cool paintover as well.

I see you’re using 2.8 with your tests, nice!

Haven’t seen sculpts from you before, looking forward to see more.
Just wondering how long have you been sculpting? You’re very good at it. You’ve got a good eye for evaluation of forms and proportions.

1 Like

0rAngE

I am honored you noticed me! I have been blender sculpting for roughly a year now. Learned a great deal from pitiwazou and iceking. My background is 2d art but blender is now indispensable to me.

I will definately post more. Thanks!

Opengl render.

Minimal paint-over. 90% smudge brush.

1 Like

Hey nice to see this thread coming alive again! :smiley:

That first paintover looks pretty cool @yakuzakazuya, it doesn’t look like a sculpt at all.

I’ve been playing with the new toys in 2.8, doing some experimentation with the shader to rgb node, grease pencil and eevee:

4 Likes

Thank you @julperado!

Let’s make this thread active again.

So many things I need to learn from others than just raw sculpting.

Colorized.

Now he guards my phone.

2 Likes

Daily dyntopo practice.

1 Like

WIP

Like it very much. Is it from reference or just freestyling?

1 Like

Thank you! It’s my attempt at sculpting a likeness from references. Jean Claude Van Damme.

PS: your monster sculpts are awesome. I need to try monster sculpting someday.

Quick n dirty:

Thanks. You schould definitely try creature sculpting. For me it is a nice change and very relaxing experience to work without being restricted by references, realistic anatomy or anything really.

1 Like

Well that’s a bit of problem for me since I lack imagination of fantastic creatures. I will definitely challenge myself soon. Happy blending!

Another day another practice.

2 Likes

20181109_204340

Touched up in photoshop.

2 Likes

Daily doodle.

1 Like

Man I have to get more disciplined with anatomy studies, your sketches look great! I’m always doodling beasts, demons and monsters heads :stuck_out_tongue:
BTW, here’s a little creature I did last night, my son was “art directing” and I was just following his directions. It’s an interesting exercise :slight_smile:

So guys… I just read this post from @0rAngE sketchbook thread, and I think this is something we should definitely try, Zacharias Reindhart already mentioned it before on one of his youtube videos and it sparked a conversation on twitter where many showed interest in crowdfunding a campaign for the sculpt tools in Blender. In general I think there’s enough interest in the community right now to pull it off.
Plus, the recent tutorials from Jama Jurabaev have been turning a lot of heads towards Blender, even Ryan Kingslien, who is I think the biggest Zbrush evangelist has been playing with dyntopo!

Oh! also, there has been some improvements already thanks to Pablo Dobarro, who is adding some goodies to the sculpt cursor. And the change to use OpenSubdiv internally in 2.8 should also improve Multiresolution sculpting.

What do you think?
With all the changes and improvements being made for 2.8 I think is time to push for some improvements on the sculpting department as well

5 Likes