E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

As said above, OptiX is closed source so porting to CUDA would be a complete rewrite of AI denoising from scratch.
I offer upgrade to E-Cycles RTX 2020 to a special price if you want.

1 Like

2 Days left to get E-Cycles 2020 or E-cycles RTX 2020 with $50 off and benefit from:

• faster rendering,
  • viewport denoising for the RTX version,
  • remove double modifier, bridge modifier and more
  • light groups,
  • high quality AI denoiser (E-Cycles AI denoiser was compared to the default OIDN denoise node of Blender. 4x faster rendering and much sharper details):

https://twitter.com/marvin_lubke/status/1227691669937627137

Available for Windows and Linux on the Blender Market or Gumroad.

1 Like

Thank you for the options by the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, although my development branch has code which makes GTX cards also faster with the RTX version than with CUDA.

Hi Mathieu!
I am sorry thereā€™s one thing I didnā€™t fully understand. With a 1060 can I use the RTX version of E-cycles or do I need the regular CUDA one?

Either way, Iā€™d like to upgrade my 2019 ecycles version (I have both CUDA and RTX), how does it work in practice?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
I asked this same thing a while back.
Nice to see an answer.
Time to find my receipt and get on that order.
Robert

Still crash after setting it as the E-Cycle document said

Can you guys share some light on your experience with RTX cards?

Iā€™m considering an upgrade but not sure if itā€™s worth it at the moment.

Honestly, Iā€™d wait for the RTX 3000 series if I was you.

Hi, does the crash happen with the default cube?
If not send bug report with your system specs and the crash .blend to @bliblubli.
Reply to a mail or contact over Blender Market.
You can also upload the .blend here or somewhere for other user to test, if it is not private.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Itā€™s my thought exactly but we can wait another year and the introduction price will most likely still be pretty high for high end card. Unless Nvidia really surprise us as with 1080Ti but I doubt it. Then the software weā€™ll need some time for optimization so itā€™ll really can be a pretty long wait and I have an opportunity for a good deal now. So Iā€™m debating at the moment.

hi,
I answered some points in your original thread if you want. Iā€™ll also update the bench results asap including the 1080Ti, 2080Ti, 2080 (should be about like 2070super) and 2070.

Hi Bernardo!

All 2019 users wanting to benefit from the special upgrade price again can send me a mail (answer any mail from Gumroad about E-Cycles) or the ā€œmessage creatorā€ button on the right panel of the Blender market page and Iā€™ll send you your coupons.

PS: Please use the same account/email you used to buy 2019 if you have multiple ones.
PS2: there may be a Mac version after all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I installed a 2080 a month ago and itā€™s fantastic. Rendering in Arnold, Cycles, and working in Substance Painter(also rendering in Iray) is WAY faster than my CPU(which is an i9)

Also, texture baking is so much faster. All in all, the time saved is life-changing :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate real life experience. Iā€™ve been hearing a lot of positives about RTX in regards to 3D graphics. The software support is getting better so I finally see a point in considering the upgrade if the price of hardware is right.

2 Likes

I installed a 2080 a month ago and itā€™s fantastic.

By the way, what you upgraded from? What was the previous card?

I was running a GTX 1080, before upgrading to Dual RTX 2080ti founder editions. Even a single RTX 2080ti was a huge difference from the 1080! The RTX couple with E-cycle was the best decision for far! Iā€™m a modeler by trade but want to get into mograph in the future and rendering in general so a fast GPU was a better fit.

In the beginning I was skeptical about E-Cycles rendering speed but I took a chance and bought it , it lives up to the hype and already paid for itself in some side gig rendering logo like items.

3 Likes

Thanks. Great to hear from expirience that it does make sense to upgrade from 1080 Ti to 2080 Ti performance wise.

1 Like

If you can swing getting 2 or 3 GPUs, get 2070 Supers. I have three EVGA 2070 Super Hybrids. At around $550 each, that is just a little more than a single 2080Ti. But even just one 2070 Super is pretty formidable with E-Cycles RTX.

2 Likes

I was on a 1060.