EZLattice Free/Plus 2.80: Deform and Reshape Models Quickly

@kkar - Thanks, I went ahead and upgraded from the free to the paid one. Clear worked great. What is the difference between “Keep” and Apply?

Cool, I am glad that that resolved th issue for you.

The paid addon also works in object mode and can create single encompassing lattice for multiple objects. This is very useful if you want to deform multiple objects at the same time. Please see the first post for some demos.

The Apply function is used for quick operations, as in you want to fix a shape quickly, new->edit->apply. Once done your model has no lattice setup.

The Keep function removes the lattice setup from the addons control, so the next time you use the add-on it wont apply/clear before creating a new setup on the model.

Hi Kkar. Is this addon working for 2.82-3?

Hi

I used it here and there in 2.83 and it seems to work, and noone reported any serious issue with it so far.

1 Like

Hi,

what about metaballs ? EZLaticce can lattice a metaballs ?
it’s would be great and it will open an infinite number of possibilities.
but I don’t think it’s possible to do that with metaballs :confused:

Metaballs do not have modifiers support, plus they do not have regular geometry. There could be ways like using Animation Nodes or Sverchok with EZLattice but it requires some testing.

1 Like

Just wanted to say this Addon is fantastic. Exactly what i needed that i was used to in other programs.

Heads-up kkar, EZL Plus is crashing Blender (2.90.0) to desktop if I add a lattice, then hit undo. Every time, without fail, regardless of what I add a lattice to.

Hi
Thanks for letting me know, I will take a look at it, if it is crashing it means undo handling has changed in 2.90 or it could be a temporary issue since they change and test the core daily.

I do not use 2.90 since it is still alpha, but be assured once it is beta I will support it fully.

Kkar, I think EZLattice needs an update. I have 1.36 and am using the officially released Blender 2.90 but when I try to use it and click Apply, I get this error.

Does this need updating or is something on my end preventing this from working properly?

Hi,

Thanks for the report. The add-on “might” need an update. I need to test this myself here. I am guessing that there has been a change in the way the modifiers applied in 2.90

Yes please look into this. I love this addon and I think it should be integrated into Blender one day.

Hi,

I can confirm the issue here. It is a change in the 2.90 API causing this. I will make a release later tonight.

2 Likes

EZLattice Plus v1.37 with 2.90 fix is up. Bear in mind this will work with 2.9x and upwards. I will try to test the free version tomorrow and make a fix for it.

1 Like

kkar is the free version working properly with 2.9 and upwards. Thanks

Has anyone used the free version with 2.9 and up?Did you get any error messages? Thanks

Hello! I`m using EZLattice Plus (1.37) and there is an error when i opening some files.
Looks like this happens when selected object is CAMERA type

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/ipv6/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.91/scripts/addons/Addon_Blender_EZLattice/__init__.py", line 1069, in poll
    return (len(C.selected_objects) == 1 and (".latticetemp" in C.object.name))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

Minor feature request: is it possible to preselect “Guded rotation/scale” if any measure line already in place? and optionally clean them up automatically.

Anyway thanks, great addon!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. It does not look like a harmful one, I will take a look at it.

I also added your feature requests to my add-on todo.

2 Likes

Thanks! i also discovered edge case where ezlattice guessing wrong size for lattice… look at video(and blend file (nothing fancy)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2sla7pl0bcxio7/ezproblem.blend?dl=0

1 Like

It is actually guessing the angle wrong. The angle guessing is a bit sensitive to how the line is drawn and where it is in 3d space . I originally designed it for things like selected arms vertices, fingers etc. I will definetely revisit the guided lattice creation.

1 Like