EZLattice Free/Plus 2.80: Deform and Reshape Models Quickly

Backstory

I wrote the original Easy Lattice add-on back in 2013 hoping that it would make lattice deformations easy during modeling. The initial implementation seemed to prove that the Blender modifiers stack could be used destructively for modeling purposes. And it got a lot of positive reviews.

I expanded upon my original add-on and rewrote it from scratch with better handling of the original concept and making it better integrated for 2.80. I am hoping that this version is faster, much more user friendly and easy to add more features later.

This new version is solely for 2.80 I initially contemplated about making it 2.79 compatiple but it is tedious to maintain two different branches. If you need to use this add-on in 2.79 please use the former Easy Lattice one.

What is it?

EZLattice is a Blender add-on for quickly adding lattice editing to multiple objects, single objects or selected vertices in edit mode. You can easily add and apply lattice operations to enhance your models. Lattice editing is an easy way to deform, fix and reshape models quickly. It is especially great for fixing proportion issues in characters.

Multi / Single Object

Edit Mode

Features

• Edit mode support.
  • Single/Multi Object mode support. (Plus only)
  • “Multi object” mode adds a shared Lattice to the selected objects. (Plus only)
  • “New” operand applies and cleans up the previous lattice action.
  • “Apply” Applies the most recent Lattice and cleans up the set up. (Plus only)
  • “Clear” Discards the most recent Lattice setup. (Plus only)
  • The lattice control mesh is centered and fitted around the selection.
  • Contextual Right Click Menu support

Plus (Gumroad)

Plus (Blender Market)

Free (Download)

Upcoming Features

• Left Toolbar integration.
  • Respecting the object’s own rotation.
  • Guided alignment.
  • Multi object edit mode support.
  • Multiple EZLattice controllers in the scene.
  • Individual Lattice controllers per selected object.
  • Inside/Outside option for the Lattice.
  • Custom menu for editing the current Lattice controller’s properties

Release Notes

Multi Object Mode (Plus version)

Edit Mode

Object Mode (Plus version)

Clear (Plus version)

Install

Summary
  • Download the zip file and
  • Copy the folder inside the zip file to Blender’s add-on folder
  • Click Install button under the Add-ons tab in the preferences. And choose the downloaded zip file.

See my other add-ons

Summary

BaseMesh Temple

DuWamf+

Temporizer

Easy Lattice

Modo-Me Modo Helpers

Weights to Vertex Colors

IO Guru

MeshLab Gourmet

Save Temp Versions

Verts2Edges

6 Likes

I USE and ABUSE the easy lattice. Thank you for this release!

That is great to hear. The old version was good for olden times.

The free version should be up tomorrow. It has all the features of the original, if you do not need the object mode features. Let me know if I miss anything from the old version.

1 Like

You are a hero! just before Jul11RC!

I’m so happy to have this back I could cry! :grin: Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

No shit, I did not know about the deep passion around this add-on.

1 Like

As promised, the free version is up in the first post.

1 Like

Here is an easy tip with EZLattice. Use it like a quick bone deform setup.

2 Likes

When in object mode i have no ezlattice in right click menu but it is working when i am in edit mode?

Is there something i don’t know about this behavior?à

Also i could be interested in the + version but there is also FitLattice on blender market for 5$ so is there something really worth the extra 5$ for your addon?

Object mode is only avail in the Plus version.

I dont know about Fitlattice. EZLattice Plus supports both the edit mode and multiple object selections in object mode. And more to come.

You can buy the Plus version, if u don’t like it I will be happy to refund it. It will be avail on BM soon. Or just message me I will send you a download link, you can buy it from Gumroad later if you like it.

Edit:

Just took a look at FitLattice. It does not seem to have edit mode/vert selection mode (which is supported by EZLattice). So there you go. That would be the major difference between EZLattice and FitLattice.

This add-on is now available on Blender Market.