For Modo user switching to Blender 2.8

Maybe I rushed to the conclusions, I’ll still try to use the blender in other tasks.

Yes, if you can live with percentage then either Snap to Increment of keyboard inputs will put it at exact numbers. .5 .25 etc.

In the modeling app I came from this was all we had really. So I guess it never bothered me.

Modo have very cool Dimension Tool.

Have a Blender any analog built in or add-on like it?
I need dimension in selected element, 2+ vertices, edge/s, polygon/s.

Blender “Edge Length” I know, it’s not what I need, “Measure” Tool - too.

4 Likes

I’m missing the Mesh Cleanup feature in Modo, is there anything like this in Blender even in the form of an addon.

Going under the Mesh dropdown, and flipping through items listed under Clean Up should perform about the same tasks.

2 Likes

MACHIN3tools has a clean up tool:

4 Likes

Have you tried the “measurit” add-on? It ships with blender afaik, and may give you what you need.

1 Like

How can I select multiple poly loops?
For example I had selected this polygons

and want to select loops like this

Why not?
2019-09-23_19-43-28

Yea, I know, it was a simple example, but if I have 100+ like this…

Hi, switch to face mode and select with Shift+Alt+LMB.
Cant remember if this is the default short cut, search for loop in Preferences > Keymap.

Cheers, mib

Ok, I show you how it’s work in Modo
In blender I know how to continue selection (select more/less) but loop from this selection how?? that is the question

2 Likes

Unfortunately when compared to Modo’s selection capabilities, Blender still lags far behind. In the past, Blender users had to use checker deselect to get something similar as what you are showing.

You can do it as fast, as you do in modo, if you start with edges instead of double faces.

I do it first with my own keymaps and the MACHIN3tools modes pie,
then a second time using the menus.
When I switch to faces, I hold down CTRL to expand.

12 Likes

Well that’s useful to know.

1 Like

Blender doesn’t have commands: Select > Vertex loop; and Select > Face loop.
Why haven’t I noticed this before?
And why doesn’t anyone care? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You no longer have to hold down alt to do loop selects. Simply double-clicking on the target element is enough now.

Thanks, have to change it back to double click.
No idea why it was still on old short cut.

CHeers, mib

Alt click is still the default.

I completely forgot that it depends on whether you’re defaulting to left-click select, or right. If you’re going with the old Blender standard, then it remains alt-click.