Forgotten tools

The reply was posted 7 hours ago and was already sank to oblivion even before those posted longer than 7 hours ago, is this tool…truly…forgotten ?
Twilight Zone Music Intensify…

Reporting in also with another bug retaining to the recent Blender 3.0 update. This particular error appears when clicking on the “Recall Selection Set” button under Selection Sets.

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\forgotten_tools\selection_sets\ops.py”, line 94, in invoke
bmesh.update_edit_mesh(context.object.data, False, False)
TypeError: update_edit_mesh() takes at most 1 positional argument (3 given)

TypeError: update_edit_mesh() takes at most 1 positional argument (3 given)

This error can be fixed by searching in the specific file

bmesh.update_edit_mesh(context.object.data, False, False) or
bmesh.update_edit_mesh(mesh, True, True)

and adding loop_triangles= destructive= respectively:

bmesh.update_edit_mesh(context.object.data, loop_triangles=False, destructive=False)
bmesh.update_edit_mesh(mesh, loop_triangles=True, destructive=True)

3 Likes

Fixed! Much appreciated.

1 Like

Control + D->Settings cuts to more than 1 in Blender v3 crashes Blender immediately.
Works perfectly fine in Blender 2.93.6

3.0 has been out less than a week, man. Addon devs don’t make a living off addons, generally speaking. They have lives, ya know?

1 Like

Hello, I have updated “ops.py”, but when I click control + D to connect, when I go up more than one, it will still crash.
There are no error messages, Blender just crashed, closed immediately.

Just FYI, the creator of the Addon has last been online on Blenderartists in May.

1 Like

The crash with connect seems to be another problem and without an specific error there is no much I can do, my python knowledge is kinda limited.

Thanks so much for sharing. Any change we can get the ability to change the display colors of the edges of each selection set added?

same happened to me today in 3.0…

Yeah, I hope someone fix the instant crash, the connect tool is unreplaceable and indispensable.

If it is just about the connect tool, you may be interested in Kekit and/ or Jrome’s Connect Edges

3 Likes

You are right, it is literally only about the connect tool for me, all the other stunts that this add-on can pull has been replaced by more capable add-ons like the Angle tool [ which has not been updated as of 21 Dec 2021 :frowning: ] and the Bend Face add-on.

Thank you, I will look into the add-on you have mentioned.

So this is a forgotten tool? :rofl:

2 Likes

Judging by the number of responses, not yet :wink:

@Stan_Pancakes will you be able to port the addon over to 3.0? :innocent:

1 Like

jrome is also crashing/ bugging as well in 3.0…

So many addons were affected by 3.0 that it made me hesitant of transitioning :neutral_face:
Encountering bugs in your favourite addons is just the worst, I feel like the Blender Foundation should just ban the bugs, they are being spoilsports here. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yep, 3.0 has many compatibility issues with addons unfortunately :frowning:
And as the result, many addons are no longer available. The developers no longer support them.

As it was mentioned, you can try keKitt. The author fixed B3.0 problems with its cut tool

1 Like