Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

Hi!

I’m having difficulties with understanding the camera clipping and distance culling - Please see attached image of distance culling and camera clipping

I don’t know why, been following the tutorials but I can’t get it to work, doesnt it work with the biomes?

//Chris

Hello

In the first image I believe your don’t have enough vertices in your terrain, it is specified in the doc that scatter mask workflow need at least a few vertices in order to work correctly, also don’t forget to update the mask.

As for the distance culling it seem that you are using it correctly, the only trick is to find the correct minimal/maximal distance values

Hi,

I also want to buy but confused with your answer here. What is the difference between updates and upgrade ??

If I buy now 3.1, does that mean I need to buy upgrade for 4.0 ?

Think I’ll wait till Tuesday.

Great job by the way ! Look forward to getting 4.0.

Two other questions;

1. Does it work well with large fields and paddocks ?
  2. Does it work with Blender 2.90 ?

Hello @rjtblender

Yes all updates are free, it works on 2.90, as for large fields, be sure to hide the particle in viewport when rendering a ton of particles :slight_smile:

1 Like

some inspitation for a sci-fi one click to scatter ? maybe for later

News

Lodify will get a new automatic Proxy generation tool

https://twitter.com/_BD3D/status/1330565691397857280

10 Likes

Release in 20h UTC, i’ll repeat it again, all updates are free for all users
it might be a good idea to get Scatter early, who knows you might spare a few bucks :wink:

2 Likes

Cant wait!

Dorian, really excited to play with the new goodies. I think I’m actually going to get to screw around with it, since my two biggest clients typically leave me alone during Thanksgiving week… :crossed_fingers:

I’m assuming that the new mask stuff has the ability to soften the edges, though this is not shown in your gifs above. Hopefully we have the ability to soften masks anywhere between zilch all the way up to a sh!tload.

4.0 is out !

What’s the surprise ? You guys got a free upgrade to a PRO version with a total of no less than 76 BIOMES and 180 assets !
Note that there’s currently a -25% promo on the Pro version for latecomers.

ezgif-3-dd97fec8e42f

Check out the new catalog
https://sites.google.com/view/scatterblender/catalog?authuser=0

Let me know if the upgrade went fine on the market, the last thing i need is customers not being upgraded properly !

Changelogs
https://sites.google.com/view/scatterblender/changelogs?authuser=0

• improvement Introducing the new “Scatter Pro” pricing with more biomes and exclusive features , free upgrade for all previous version owner.
  • improvement: New addition to the biome library! 153 new assets, 64 new biomes and 90 new layers.
  • improvement: Simpler installation with Lodify, it is shipped inside the .zip and you can enable it directly inside the Scatter addonpref.
  • improvement: The particles per square meters/kilometers operator now will take masked areas into consideration (optional).
  • improvement: Apply Object Scale automatically when scattering.
  • improvement: New warning message on masks panel if your terrain don’t have enough vertices.
  • improvement: New export panel:
  • (new export panel) improvement: moved the “export scattering masks to vertex-colors” in this new panel.
  • (new export panel) new-feature: New “convert particles as objects/meshes” operator.
  • (new export panel) new-feature: New “export visible particles as .json” operator for Game Developpers.
  • new-feature: New Scattering Masks:
  • (new masks) new-feature: particle proximity Mask (add/remove particles near other particles).
  • (new masks) new-feature: shadow Mask (distribute particles by shadow).
  • (new masks) new-feature: 2d bezier area Mask (remove particles inside/outside the area of a closed bezier curve).
  • (new masks) new-feature: Object-Collision Mask (remove particles inside/outside mesh-object within chosen collection).
  • new-feature: Duplicate the Selected particle systems with the new dupplication operator.
  • new-feature: Lodify got new batch operators to automatically set-up and also generate LOD’s on the fly.
  • new-feature: Implemented a new 2D remesher to remesh ugly ngons more easily (location: ‘Scatter Panel>Creation>Terrain Creation’).
  • new-feature: New operator in the mask option header to reset all Scatter System(s) base vertex-group to full weight (useful if terrain-mesh changed).
  • Bugfix: apply displacement button broken due to blender new drag-and drop modifiers system introduced in 2.90.
  • Bugfix: migration to a new library folder from “Scatter Asset Library” to “Asset Library”, if you had custom packages you just need to move files to new location then refresh the manager.
  • Bugfix: Removal of Terrascape packages due to circulation of illegal copies and deprecated content, all Terrascape package owners will need to re-install an updated versions of their Terrascape packages they purchased in the blendermarket. contact me on (BD3D) on the blendermarket for more informations if needed.
  • Bugfix: adjusted a few materials for eevee transparency.

*make sure to restart blender after uninstall then reinstall new version

23 Likes

Super impressive! I shall use it in my Work immediately. Super smooth, renders fast, low memory usage. Great looks.

Looking forward to exploring all new features.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the pro !

2 Likes

guys let me know if the upgrade went smooth! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi All,

Just playing around with the new Scatter 4 and so far it’s fantastic. Remove your old version (I had 2.0), exit and restart Blender and it installed without an issue. The new Biomes are great. Thank you @BD3D for such a great tool. With tools like these I think Blender is the place to be.

Cheers, stay safe and happy blending!

1 Like

Went smooth, but I do get a crash to desktop whenever I do a CTRL+Z in the Biomes Manager. This is in 2.91.0 beta. I have not tried 2.90.0 stable yet, and I am done for the day. Are bug reports in this thread okay or do you want them in PMs or emails Dorian?

1 Like

Bug reports here are fine,
Thanks for the report, expect a post release 4.1 patch !

THAT. IS. AWESOME. :star_struck:

I’m totally including a reference to Scatter in the Archviz course i’m recording right now.

1 Like

Upgrade went very smooth for me. Fantastic tool !

Thanks very much also for the “hint” to buy before the launch of 4.0. The pro brings even more value than I expected. Definitely a “feel good” moment that the purchase was well worth it.

One feedback comment is the documentation is now sometimes too simplistic for the tool.

I struggle here with the masks and trying to do painting or vertex. Not sure what I am doing wrong. It is not as straight forward as weight paint the vertex group and then select in density. For others like altitude, etc its great and simple.

1 Like

Helll richard

One feedback comment is the documentation is now sometimes too simplistic for the tool.

Yes indeed :frowning: I will do a proper tutorial series soon

I struggle here with the masks and trying to do painting or vertex. Not sure what I am doing wrong. It is not as straight forward as weight paint the vertex group and then select in density.

Indeed, as there’s a non destructive vertex group workflow going on. You can add a paint layer, assign influence on desired systems, then click on the paint button to start painting :slight_smile:

WOW! It looks like an amazing update! This is real customer service.
And the new biomes add so much more possibilities.

Thanks a lot Dorian. :pray:

(Pity, I just recently finished all the nature scenes for my current project.)

1 Like

Is Lodify updated to the new version?

I cant see the “batch autogenerate” option in the last version I download from https://github.com/DB3D/Lodify

Where can I download it? Thanks a lot.

P.S.: Scatter update has been smooth for me. Testing now.

so far The github is not updated yet, still need to do it

Where can I download it? Thanks a lot.

So far it was in the scatter.zip and is available with 4.0