Geometry Sketcher constraint solver

Released a new add-on for Blender, which allows a precision CAD drawing, it is still in the experimental phase but it works and uses the fantastic geometric kernel of SolveSpace the link for more information.

53 Likes

Congrats, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

The useful thing. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Once completed, this may push Blender to some new markets :slight_smile: Great idea, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Love what I’m seeing so far man keep it going.

1 Like

Wonderful. Such a pitty that Blender don’t suport NURBS.

1 Like

Hi,@pafurijaz i am just exploring this addon and enjoying it.:heart_eyes:
Can you add some changes like

Add Icons to diff types of Contraints list in Npanel.

It woul be great if we have the flexibility to define the plane on other objects faces too.

The draw plane should also show the axis name or should be colored like the axis too.

The Sketch creation is incomplete without the ability to bevel the shape

It will add better Usability to this tool.
I hope it will be further refined and Improved.
:pray::v:

not sure how i missed this, looks very promising. I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Wow! This goes beyond my wildest dreams about Blender !
Congratulations for this and thanks for sharing!
Blender slowly becomes a full featured parametric modeler!
I went through the comments and also looking forward for the possible integration with other plugins or modifiers especially for the architectural modelling!
One feature that I was looking for is to add a bevel/fillet option? Or do you think that would be redundant since you can use a modifier after? Is there a way to automatically dissolve the in middle vertices which appear?

2 Likes

Could someone provide the file (py-slvs 1.0.4) it won’t let me download.
I am using win10 and I want to install the solver module but the add on does not appear in the “n” bar in blender. The add on is already installed and enabled but it does not appear in the “n” panel. If I’m doing something wrong let me know…

I finally managed to download the .whl and everything works great, it’s amazing.
Thank you very much for this great add on.

1 Like

That looks like a useful tool.

1 Like

Hi,
Can you let me know how you downloaded the “py-slvs 1.0.4” for windows, I can’t find any windows version at this link

It has only macos versions.

Looking forward to the final release. It would be just revolutionary if Blender could also do CAD. Could become part of official Blender in 3.5+

1 Like

The universal 1.0.4 macos version works for the addon even though it is on windows just download the universal and not arm64 since I don’t know if it works because I didn’t try it.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the info, I checkd my blender version 2.93 and blender python version 3.9.2 and downloaded the appropriate package
py_slvs-1.0.4-cp39-cp39-macosx_10_9_universal2.whl
But I still get an error "Could not install package’ when trying to install.
I am on win 7 x64.

Edit. I tried iwth
“Install with pip” option of the addon within blender and it WORKED!!, just ensure that no firewall is blocking the request and you are good to go!!

thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the info, I checkd my blender version 2.93 and blender python version 3.9.2 and downloaded the appropriate package
py_slvs-1.0.4-cp39-cp39-macosx_10_9_universal2.whl
But I still get an error "Could not install package’ when trying to install.
I am on win 7 x64.

I guess, the macosx version is not for windows. :joy:

Great Addon!!!

1 Like

The add-on CAD Sketcher is growing very fast now has a proper homepage with a bright future.

Greetings

6 Likes

Hi!
Great addon! Do you have any plans about adding fillets?

1 Like