Grid Modeler - draw on grids => mesh

hey I saw now you have youtube chanel it’s nice :slight_smile: may be you cam post most real time ( full screen ) video or tuto on it without tweeter constraint.

1 Like

Is there any good (free!) software for recording screen video ? :thinking:

OBS: https://obsproject.com

1 Like

ShareX: https://getsharex.com/

2 Likes

:smile:

2 Likes

Looking at all those results I do always think how nice would be to have a way of beveling the so sharp corners also.

I know that in the case of the corner edges is very difficult to find a way of beveling (actually on mesh) them without having artifacts. Someone can only apply a thin shading bevelling on them (as is in the images below). However, it is possible to bevel the vertex corners. But there too the work must be done manually, something that is difficult. So, the question that arises is: can not be found a way of selecting all the vertex corners that constitute sharp indented or outdented corners at once for being able to apply beveling on all of them?

Kushiro any idea about such a selection? Do you see it possible to program such a thing?

The images below show the slight difference between an object without bevelling in its vertex corners and one with bevelling. The difference is sublime but, nevertheless, it changes the whole feel, endowing the object with much more realism:

2 Likes

Like @Shiv0r wrote, OBS Project. It’s not just a Open Source software, it’s really good and really supported with frequent updates of features and bug fixes. A lot of game streamers and video makers uses it. It has good GPU acceleration. It can record to MKV if you want and post convert it automatically to MP4. If recording to MKV, the file will still work if there is a interruption. My favorite feature is the pause button, it can save some edit time.

1 Like

I use obs too it’s free and simple.

If you’re on Windows, ShareX is best for recording short clips. OBS is good too but more complicated.

1 Like

I will try to learn obs when free :smile:

About the bevel thing, can you use blender’s bevel modifier to archive your goal ?
It has angle limit and seems very rich!
(I just limit angle to 30 degree and turn off “overlap” clamp, then it works somehow. Not perfect)

About selecting corners, I think there should be some existing method to do it (it seems not a complex thing :slight_smile: )

Such a thing would be great, indeed!

:smile:

8 Likes

Hello my friends :slight_smile:
Finally, I create a website for Grid Modeler !

It has the full-documentation for all keys and usage :smile:
I will add more info into it later. :slight_smile:
Enjoy !!

7 Likes

Hi @Kushiro.
Could you consider uploading your addon on Blendermarket too ?

Thanks in advance.

no, I have no plan for this yet. :slightly_smiling_face:
I love gumroad.

Update 1.8.2 ! :slight_smile:

• Now the addon file (inside zip) is renamed to “gridmodeler” instead of “GridModeler” for better compatibility. If you have problem installing this update, please remove the old version (delete it completely in blender) and reinstall it.

• Added the built-in functionality for showing key-press on screen !!

w7

3 Likes

Too bad. BlenderMarket is very popular. It could have allowed you to reach a wider audience.

BM also donates back to the Blender Foundation, which is cool.

Anyway, thanks for your add-on!

1 Like

Long tutorial video - making space enemy :alien:

1 Like

Update 1.8.4:

• Fixed Construction Line bug (error on multiple faces)
    :slightly_smiling_face:
2 Likes