Hard Ops Thread

Sorry for asking it here and not in the Support section.
But slow performance in some HOPS/Boxcutter scenes is the main reason I’m going to upgrade my AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (3800MHz OC) CPU.
Should I take a CPU with more cores?Will there be any difference between R 7 5700x(8cores) vs R 5 5600(6cores)? Or the clock of a single core of the CPU is the most important factor? AMD or Intel? I’m not going to render on CPU, just workflow with a lot of modifiers

blender being single-threaded on mods / threading / fastest core performance

Blender is predominantly single-threaded so you’d want the best performance there. Otherwise that’s the gist of my recommendation. The above links should help.

1 Like

In Lookdev+ mode, is it possible to preview scene not only in Eevee, but in Cycles too?

Hi @masterxeon1001,
I have a small suggestion about the HOPS pie or menu. It would be great if you add modifiers buttons for curves and expose the “convert to” - operator for mesh-type objects.

1 Like

We’ll have to see. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey @masterxeon1001, I have a keymap problem with Hard Ops. I have previously had my hotkeys change when I had updated Hard Ops. I have also occasionally noticed duplicate keymaps, something which @TitusLVR has also shown over on his Youtube channel. While I am aware of several duplication bugs, do you guys know why updating the addon may sometimes overwrite my customised keymaps or add the default ones in addition to them?

I am trying to figure this out, since we had a discussion on this over on the Machin3tools thread.

It is Blender keymap issue/bug :man_shrugging: Devs know about this but seems like it’s not high priority problem.
https://developer.blender.org/T68884

To me it seems like this particular bug (regarding updating addons) has not been reported yet, though I also don’t know the steps to reproduce the problem. I have already reported 3 or 4 other keymap related bugs…

#hardops 987_34 is out now
#boxcutter 719_15 is out now

Happy holidays!

13 Likes

Wohoo, thanks ! :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:
I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year (if possible)!
Thanks for your & your teams hard work this year !! :+1:

1 Like

Are there any known issues with the miratools integration? Ctrl+Shift+` doesn’t do anything. I’m able to get at it from the hops menu but a hotkey would be nice. I was poking in the Preferences for hops and saw this but I’m not sure what it means:

Blender 3.4.1
Hard Ops 9.87.34
miratools 29cd4d5

2 Likes

Well now I don’t know what I was trying earlier, because I did what was shown in your video and it’s working now. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Masterxeon1001,

I searched everywhere in the addon settings and the docu but couldn’t find how to change the size of this menu (see below). (Shift+middle mouse button)
Could you please guide me, where to change it so I can read everything in the panel/menu, when it’s filled up with bevels and booleans !?

Thanks in advance

(PS: I’m on a mac. Also it’s pretty hard to change the UI & Text scale for those menus. You have to look everywhere to hopefully find the spot to change it)

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 5.07.20 pm

Hard Ops has a blenderArtists thread which we check often for input and complaints.

Or if you don’t want to go back to factory settings, goto keymaps and …

https://i.imgur.com/KdiWCZH.png errors in log

thanks for the report. It will be checked into.

THX for no answer @masterxeon1001 !!

nothing can be done for it at this time. We’ll have to see what the future holds. Thanks for the request.

Just for info:
This pops up when saving via PowerSave BUT the error is about HOps 0, 9, 87, 34
Blender 3.5 metal, MacOS
Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 10.19.58 pm