Honeycomb House

Hmmm. i dont recall this mood in Ex Machina :slight_smile:
was way more mountain like, perhaps sort of a lake with a house :wink: way different style

1 Like

Hmmm…, to me it gives a very similar vibe:

But of course that’s subjective (and there’s indeed a mountain that I ignored)

3 Likes

The screenshots look gorgeous. I bow to your prowess sir.

2 Likes

Wow! Just stunning work. This looks so real I actually thought it was photographs at first. Did you make the 3D models yourself or did you get them from somewhere?

1 Like

OH man!! I love it!!!

1 Like

Everything has been modeled using Blender :wink:

2 Likes

A house and a lake :wink:

It “sort” of the same hahaha… I sort of get
But dang i would love to stay in that hotel, looks stunning

Just had a look to Ex Machina images from the movie, some stuning places indeed and very inspiring.

This is incredible work - congratulations. As an architect, & a Blender novice, I leave all technical issues to you experts who comment. What is fascinating, & poetic, is the implied attitude (?) toward architecture itself, & the way society has used traditional & “modern” forms. The old wooden cabin shows its age with quiet dignity, as if reminding us of a simpler age & culture whose character can still teach us valuable things. The modern structure (abandoned? invaded?) looks merely neglected, dilapidated, incapable of standing up to weather & seasons, an attempt, perhaps, at an ideal geometry that is artificially imposed on Nature. The boat seems ageless - functional, simple, shaped to its purpose in being able to carry us over waters without pretense. Living in the old cabin might be inconvenient or uncomfortable in Northern weather, but we would not be divorced from Nature there. The new structure, apparently (some lights on…) maintained & equipped with today’s systems, would probably offer us basic comforts wherever it was placed, up on its stilts, not even connected to the earth - & would at best treat Nature, of which we are still a part, as a disconnected image, something to merely look at. It would be in the graceful old boat where we would be fully a part of Nature, if we were tough, & open to the experience.

3 Likes

Holy #@*& that’s amazing, other than the close-ups I would not have questioned being told that they’re photos (if I’d seen them elsewhere)

1 Like

So then the question is, how did you make them? And the ground?

1 Like

Thanks Mdr43arch for taking time for this very analytic feedback, not sure my thought was so deep but I must admit you well captured the spirit of the scene :wink:

Well, would be a long story :wink:
By the way for the ground, I used the same mesh twice and superposed and applied displacement with a different texture on each of them, one with rocks and the other with a forest ground (from Poliigon).

This looks incredible except for one little detail: the shoreline. The grass and plants grow all the way down to the water, which is rarely seen in reality (except for maybe when the water is rising rapidly, drowning everything). There is usually a wet zone near the water (sand, rocks, gravel etc) with either very little or no plants, or lots of water plants obscuring everything. In some places there is also erosion, which has its own characteristics.

Also, objects touching the water seem a bit too dry, like the pylons.

That said, this is awesome! I hope one day I’m skilled enough to make something nearly as good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The only comment i had for the renderings, but i didn’t want to spoil the perfect score :wink:
The contact with water is a topographical strip with it’s own life.

1 Like

Great work ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow . thought these were pictures :smiley: pretty much the best renders of a house … ever

2 Likes

Outstanding!!! :laughing::+1:

2 Likes

God damn impressive work!!! I hope to reach this level of perfectionism some day…

2 Likes

The cement in nature with the dreary colors give it a interesting vibe. nice one.

1 Like