How to do everything wrong -Frank.R

edddy - Must agree the mouth was not able to function as before you could not see the inside of the mouth where all the verts & faces were like someone had chainsawed everything up!Even the gum’s.

(attached the UGLY clashE render-this is all part of the learning process they say):o:no:

Anyway I see your point with the mouth its very funny becuase actually its my mouth ! :eek: It’s only in rest position I’ll edit it more so its back to a similar position like before’ but not so pinched as you say :hint I sculpted the lips that is why they were all retarded like that "
:wink:
Also the SSS, hair, eye and the background for some reason all clashed when rendered…so thats why for now I removed the sss + it takes an hour for me just to test different hair styles so that is why I took off SS for now.

oh how much I hate the particle system:ba: and love it!
:wink:

should I stick with green eyes?or change em to a brown there unrealistic I think I might add a U.V map, I think the lips changed the whole face ha ha, omg and I am going to make the eyes also have a bit more character.

I Might darken him for a few renders see how he looks like a tanned guy, something is setting all the elements in my render, such a clash lmao…it’s like I’ve got NO! :eek: body color coordination, now I am debating is a mans top lip as big as my top lip lol, I am of native blood so my lips are not like Europeans ha ha even my dad has that lip and he is scottish…?.:slight_smile:

Will continue Blending Loving all the Blender Life 2 entry’s in progress, I am not entering, until I have up skilled.

Peace out for now, update soon.

Attachments

The hair. It needs to go.

rvngizswt , Couldn’t agree more with that comment!

these tests are endless trying to find a perfectly normal hair style …omg.

updates soon just got in the door.

:oHere is a render of the mouth changes left is the re topology I did to clean the inside of the the mouth for the animation side of things, middle for the original model, but it was impossible to animate with bad topology and the left render for the mouth with some adjustments to shape it back to the original keeping the topology clean, SSS render of this coming soon.:smiley:

Hope you find them funny.:o:p

Attachments

copy/paste is not appreciated :wink:

teh modelizing lookz fine 2 me.

Spacetug, its not irrelevant, this is just showing work in progress and that is for critique’s and for people to give there personal opinion.

Thanks for saying the “modelzing” looks fine, but which one looks fine?
I’d rather show it in both then just a link- it’s working for me anyway.

Thanks for the comment back to Render testing.

(SSS render HD coming)

Hey looks like you’re making awesome progress! I agree with the comment that the lips look too pinched. The general shape was fine before, and they still look a bit pouty. Try to just push them in a bit into the head so they don’t stick out so much. The eyebrow line is also a bit harsh, although you might not notice it too much once you put eyebrows on him. I really like your progress so far though! And the hair tests are hilarious =)

hey, i finally found your thread… and great face modeling :wink:

i think glasses would fit to his hair:o

will you make a body, too?

I agree the mouth is still not right, The pouty look isn’t going away so ill edit that, I know the hair is just gonzo, crazy ya, just tried to see the different ways and different styles I could make.The eye brow will be put back to the original mesh shape, thanks for the imput, will update soon.:slight_smile:

Haha sorry I should of just given you a link, oops.:eek::o

Glasses, hmm I could do that for a render but for my finished result this guy is nothing of the modern world, he’s natural -I’ve got a storie board and Script all set for the animation side of things, Will I make a body the answer is = yes but not until I am satisfied with this part of the body, I will be focusing and concentrating on each area to have a perfected finished result.:slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments, keep em coming!:smiley:

Here is a render of the mouth edit a little bit more, flattened so it does not stick out so much.:wink:
Just caught up with a friend who use to work in a animation company as a Facial :oAnimator, she gave me some pointers for shape keys and rigging etc.:spin:

Updates coming.-Do tell me if the lips are now too flat… I don’t mind re adjusting things again …:ba:
I do think they were fine as they were… But who knows not everyone likes the same thing.

:evilgrin:Wire frame also included.

Attachments

I think that the modeling is all right.
As it regards the rendering, the hair are interesting.
Have you used the option curl?
The eyes however are too much saturated.

The topology’s good here. Is it just me or does the head seem disproportionately long? I think it chin-lower lip distance is too much. Also, the small up-curl at the edges of the lips needs to be straightened (unless it’s intentional).

Blend on!

Yeah the modeling is alright, so true.
:evilgrin::stuck_out_tongue:
The hair is all for testing nothing serious, I used the option curl on the children for the last hair test-its funny, the eyes are just dummy’s I have another set lined up, thanks for your reply Marcolorenz. :RocknRoll:

:oThanks I am still working on the topology, It is very “Disproportionately long”
Since I edited the mouth I didn’t fix the chin to the mouth ha ha, will do though.
The up Curl on the lip Hmm? Thats not the lip that is the small dip before the lip…
Straight on it seems like that…:confused:

But its something to do heh, Thanks for you thoughts FieldGunner.

Hey All

Here is an update of the eye textures, and lighting, which was pointed out by Marcolorenz
and I think it was very saturated and thats becuase I used a Pixar tutorial for modeling the eye but it wasn’t the style I was going for, the attached renders are without SSS becuase with all the layers and the HD resolution it would take hours just to see what the eye ended up looking like.

More updates of other things coming.

Okay the first eye I did with pixar had 4 separate mesh, cornea, iris, pupil and eye ball, all but out from each other this made huge problems with rigging or tracking or rotation of the eyes.
Then I tried an eye ball with the the mesh of the iris eye ball and the pupil together this caused a complete black material with spec-something i didn’t want, so I tried one last thing apply the wet-cornea using nodes, UV map and images all on one sphere and look at the results -it worked! I get reflection, normals, spec, different hard and softness’s and a more realistic eye.

Attachments

Here is a Before and after Example of the eye- it can only get better -will do some pupil dilation tests and the reflection is needing correction -maybe Ill add a Wet Sphere again.:mad:…

Reflection is week when A.O or high lamps are near so maybe if I darken the Material then the reflections ill be out standing “Stand out”:RocknRoll:

and a image to show how green eyes really are even though I’m not doing a completely realistic human.

Attachments

The eye looks MUCH better- huge improvement! You might want to google green eyes though because (although pretty) I don’t think those particular color combinations are natural. I think if you put them in the model they’d look like a very nice pair of halloween contacts =P

I went and just Googled “green eye’s” and this is green eyes- Mmm they look like most of the google images edited bright and very green maybe I should change something on it.

Thanks for saying it is a huge helping!

Eye editing and progression.:o

Attachments