How to do everything wrong -Frank.R

Looking back at my old renders -that had been enhanced so much but still didn’t have amazing results, I don’t know if that was my own view as to how much I hadn’t worked on it but oh well these are still not good enough.:o

:eek:but now I have been focusing on the textures and the shaders I’m pretty persistent to get things to work as much as possible but still need peoples input …I’m still a Noob! so this is the first project I’m actually doing properly “thank god for my sanity”-zLMAO.

Here’s a render I’m doing some editing right now so don’t think… I haven’t already edited what your pointing out “lol”. I know whats wrong with it.But I still want to hear it from you!I LOVE CRITICS!:eyebrowlift::evilgrin:

only added my ones with some “to do” stuff sorry about that, I’m just busy with it now hope to see a few more replies.:wink:

(SORRY I WROTE ALL OVER THEM-Not really:p

Attachments

Really nice skin shader. It looks like you already plan to change anything I was going to bring up… lol! So I can’t wait to see the progress =)

I’m just now researching about different render quality and best pixel images to show off that exactly.-these renders are not really HD they’re just default render settings.Thanks yeah I already made a lot more progress just have to fix things on my own ha ha - hate asking for help…I’m so stubborn.

Okay back to blending thanks Maicrea.:stuck_out_tongue:

anytime, and good luck! Btw, is that maq or pixelvore’s skin shader? And did you just mess around with the scale or did you change other things to achieve it?

man, i envy your skill in making hair. good job sir,we cant wait for more updates.cheers

“did you just mess around with the scale”
Maicrea-:ba:

hey,
I don’t just tweak and fiddle with sliders and just move and add random stuff, I research what people say and how I can enhance and actually advance it, honestly its been like advancing the advanced and the knowledge of SSS and node set ups is sooo fun and such an easy understanding I don’t see why other people can’t do it.:stuck_out_tongue:

I spend 24 hrs on my lap so- of course I’m going to have varied results but there still nothing amazing.:slight_smile:

hey about Maqs 3 layers SSS yeah I used it but all of my nodes and set ups are now all different none of them are of the same as his.I deleted a lot of them and remade them to work for me and researched some actual skin effects and not just layers, I study how my face acts with light also, in-depth stuff""

still I’m no where near his Amazing quality.-He uses Z brush I only use Blender that’s why he probably didn’t enter BL2, also I am dedicated to blender I will never use or change to another program.:RocknRoll::rolleyes:

Nothing is original someone else has done it before, someone else.Even if we don’t know about it,But I hope my work isn’t just look like a copy of his -I don’t think so anyway, it’s my hard effort and I’m Determined to continue and its slowly paying off. -I feel offended a little…but now I am fine ha ha.:o

pixelvore’s?Who is that lol I don’t go looking for other peoples settings.??:eek:
Or blend files I have enough of my own.

I Just think your question is like: Why ask a happy person if they are happy, it might be there only chance to be happy…:smiley: thanks for the comment

This is what my Reflection node rendered solo onto my model looks like it is sooo strange, right?It’s like silver reflection-, I didn’t like the black but it probably was better ha ha …but hey I gotta stop because I did start with the same node set up its just no longer the same set up ha ha, but no one is original any -more I guess, More renders coming-Render another right now.:o:D

Attachments

Hey hey, sorry for the rant below I just get so frustrated when people think I didn’t put the effort into the project, when I did.:eek:

Okay Hair, well Funny enough like always I follow a tutorial for what I want to learn then Just learn everything I can in that field of animation then research how hair acts how hair reacts to light and A.O.:):confused:

Mainly as you can see everything I do is like a test build toward a stable version of my render like the hair is only at alpha 0 still it need more focus but I can go back to it - mmm

I’ll do some more hair tests soon actually, change is good it gives you fresh ideas, to leave something you’ve been doing for a while and do something you haven’t done in a while its a good flow so nothing gets boring.:evilgrin::smiley:

:More Renders On there Way.

nice progress ^^ and a cool name … I like it :smiley:

I like that you crossed my path … ha ha “blackCat” thank you! :wink:
:pHave fun!

This modeling start look GREAT…keep going…

Thanks Hangar, I don’t mind if you point out anything to work on with the modeling that’s the easy part now.

Oh no! Lol, I did -not- mean to insult you by saying you didn’t put effort into your shader! I just thought that it was a really good result and I’ve been struggling with mine lol. I saw you comment on their thread so I figured that’s where you learned how to do it. Right now they have like the best shader around, so I figured yours was some variation of it. I was just trying to get a tip for mine, since u can tell from my thread that I’ve been getting varied results >< Honestly, I think you’re very talented and I’d never take that away from you.

Edit: Pixelvore’s shader was in the same thread as Maq’s but they’re very similar, so I was just curious which you found was easier to use, if you tried both. Again, sorry for offending!!!

Hey maicrea, no problem ha ha I was thinking should I justify my action or myself haha never mind its just the internet miss translating to my brain, must fix that python lol""

Okay so you need tips well… um I’m talented not really maybe one day and I’m still a noob, anyway you asked about these two shaders sorry but I didn’t follow the shaders they made, that’s My problem ha ha ha I have only done the color map and a little bump map test its nothing yet, so sorry I am still learning as you are I suggest you get the blender tool bar it gives you everything that’s where I’m learning most things.:confused:Sorry I couldn’t help much- but if you download it you’ll be learning in no time.
:D:D:D:D
http://blendernewbies.communitytoolbars.com/

Best of luck with your BL2!:smiley:

I like it, not sure about the size of the bride over the eye. Maybe it should be bigger or maybe not. But this is definately top class!! :evilgrin:

:confused:
Superior Palpebral Sulcus? or just above that ?
The line shows me where the eye brows might go but Ill be putting them below that vivid line.
Q:Should it be bigger?r or maybe not yes or no bigger or smaller which is it ha ha?
I only just got started.Top class, my gosh I’m trying to keep low key this isn’t even anything good ha ha ha.
:)But thank you for you input and the boost

!I’m gonna have a look at it now…:smiley: ha ha

Okay Here is a new Update, this is just a render to show the model, the Spec and small bumps.:wink:

I didn’t like the over wetness and the extreme rim lamp I put in and -it was in the wrong place.:o

Anyway moving on, I put 3 passes, FSA full sampling and put it onto 16 also, I did AO correction by 200 and Errors put to 200 from 250, and this is what you get with A.O approx - a full cover of lighting around the model just to give it that boring plane look ha ha and a very strange Grey tone which destroys everything-even though the lamps don’t have Halo’s.:confused::eyebrowlift:

I’ll try to get a render up without A.O in it -I am sick of it, or maybe I could use Ray Trace, I might hate that too!:stuck_out_tongue:

Lets see how moody I can make this, rendering coming soon.:D:evilgrin:

Attachments

looking really nice, but, he’s a bit of a pretty boy isn’t he?

tmcthree
you make some silly replies as I have seen, a pretty boy yes he is in fact and there’s a reason for it.

Should I create scary looking old people or monsters?
I thought lets not be like others and make things always so dramatic and over the top.This is my animation and this is my WIP, are you implying everyone Else’s models are unattractive and not symmetrical nor hold perfection?

My model actually is not symmetrical and he’s suppose to be like that , I did it intentionally.
I want people to specify problems not look at my model as an over all object and say one issue or something about it that sticks out.

That is your opinion this is mine, thanks for the comment I appreciate you like it but I just want to
say that yeah he is kinda good looking, thank god.

Hey Frank,
Lookin’ good, man. That last skin render is just about right on. You’re a lot braver than I, taken on a realistic human head. :slight_smile: