How to do everything wrong -Frank.R

Hi there, timothyjritter
Yeah he is getting better but still not at the point I want him at, Yes The new renders are only for over all tests not an actual lighting test there are-just what a.o does.I’m not really brave I’m scared out of my bones! :slight_smile: 0_o
:slight_smile:
But in order to create something of fantasy or sci-fi it needs to go through the "realistic process.It then creates the basics of human form we recognize with… :smiley:

thank you!

sorry frank, it wasn’t a criticism it was just an observation.

In prison we’d use him as currency.

That is not criticism!

In prison we’d use him as currency

Just stop it, I could post rude remarks and snarly comments on your thread and what I don’t need is comments like that, keep your sexuality to yourself and don’t reply. :eyebrowlift:

Apart from that I have been editing Uv maps and now am going back to see what I can do with the hair set ups.:o

Please think before you speak, thank you. :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry frank, he looks very tough.

frank?! Why report me???

First I say he’s pretty, then he’s sexually attractive (to caged men) and then he looks tough.

What more do you want from me???

Never mind I’ll take them as compliments even though I think there nothing I think as important, but hey I’m liking your shaders try lighting those eyes up bit more and try to stay out of trouble everyone’s watching ha ha and that’s some advice for you.:slight_smile:

I wish you the best of luck- with your BL2!I’m watching it and will reply in a moment.:stuck_out_tongue:

Peace.

That’s the spirit!

Edit your head. There is something weird with the bridge over the eyes I think. And there is a lot of light on what appears to be the eyelid? :eek: I seriously don’t know what to do about it. If I could play around with it myself I could test stuff out. Therefore I suggest you play around with the eyes more yourself. :wink:

Attachments

Hey Namssil , that render you drew all over ha ha very imaginative, actually had nothing to do with what I’m working on it was a test to see how 3 passes and correction on ao would work and you pointed it out theres lighting problems with ao : It has been something I dislike for a longer time faking a professional lighting but it is bad, I might move to 2.51 to test the new features for the lights.
Thanks for the suggestion I’ll edit it as I am working on my particles and all.

Here is a picture from the quick render from object mode not a render just a preview of what, i thought would be a good render, but turned out really bad so I’m going to study some things ha ha.The shape is fine but the materials are being worked on.

Hair is the hardest thing to render I’ve herd, tell me what you think.:confused:

:slight_smile:

Attachments

I’m going to focus on lighting then I’ll return to making hair.

All renders have been done in 2.49c1.

I’m loving that hair-do. Did you use any control curves to get the waves or was that all combing?

It was all with the mouse, timothyritter, I know about the curves but there even harder to control so I just combed it and that is it.

I have another screen of it, but I have changed my mind with the style again and will do it all over again. With separate groups and separate layers. this was all on one grouped and all on one layer so, the eye brows, chin hair and eye lashes are extremely thick.

The material and lighting were a problem for this too, so I’ve got to go and edit my lamp set up and then I’ll update on there hair.

Thanks It is my morning hair-“shame on me” :smiley: ha ha, :slight_smile:

Attachments

Wow that is pretty cool, where did you learn make good faces? I can model about everything except believable human faces. They are the hardest to draw as well. You got any video tutorial somewhere or something. That is looking really cool kinda like some anime style super bad guy.

@Namssil
Blender Cookie has a great six part series on modeling a human head. They will tell you how, after that it just takes a lot of practice.

Found it, I’m gonna try to copy exactly what he is doing while I’m watching the video. Thanks for telling me :wink:

This is reminding me of the desert bandit character from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. :slight_smile:

You are so, funny Namsill, um, no because this guy didn’t have any references also even where I started was not the start it’s the tutorial from Cgcookie I think I followed it two years back, also It’s my style of drawing put into this work, which I’m defining as my modeling style.

I have a Eurasian kind of drawings when I draw concept or illustration.

Hmm Timothyjritter, Never saw that movie, let alone never been to the movies since I was little and I don’t have time for DVD, so I don’t know where my inspiration comes from, just my brain I guess oh no wait it’s my 'Imagination" right.

Its good if it reminds you of something you like, I like that and I hope you are motivated to do as I am, go out there and learn all these things.

But Over all the Hair style creates the style for the character.

i have one crit, i dunno if i’m right or wrong, but the hair seems to be coming from the top of his head, i think he needs forehead hair too.

just a suggestion, great modeling though!

Your absolutely right ha ha, nothing wrong with your crit.:slight_smile:

But now I’m not using this style ha ha I’ll try to cover it a bit more when I return to the hair and am happy with everything else.:o

Thank you Bojo600:D