Human Progress

It could also be the order of your modifier stack order

1 Like

this is damn awesome, i need to learn from you!!!

Hmm, not sure what the issue is thereā€¦ even if the normals were inverted the hairs should stay affixed, just pointing in the wrong direction I would think.

are planing to make a few tutorials of your work?

Not at the moment, Iā€™d need to invest too much time into it. Thanks for asking though.

1 Like

This might be my last update for a while, as I have to go and earn a living for a bit. :neutral_face:

113 Likes

Chris I have a question, do you model the eyelids wide open? Seems to me one of the significant errors with this kind of work (not this one, but ā€œrealisticā€ characters is the lack of proper deforming eyelids).

Do you recommend modeling it half closed?

1 Like

Theyā€™re in relaxed open pose, as per the head in post #1. More about that here:

6 Likes

freaking genius

1 Like

Ah, gotcha, thank you!

Inspiring work. Hugs From Brazil. We love Blender here, i ministrate classes for childrens with Blender and traditional arts, and itā€™s awesome show them how unbelievable high they can get with Blender.

3 Likes

From the thumbnail preview, I thought this was a reference video of a human eyeā€¦ incredible work man!

I knew your name sounded familiar. I used to follow your work years ago, you were a massive inspiration to me when I was first learning about animation/rigging.

Keep up the awesome work!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Beautiful work Chris!

1 Like

How do the render times compare to your ā€œeye pieceā€ video in 2014?

how did you get the bump from the cornea to deform the eyelids?
shapekeys? rig? softbody simulation?

He mentions it earlier in this thread.

2 Likes

Dude im speechless this is incredible. Whats that DnB track in your rig video btw (:?

what the ā€¦ I think itā€™s the most impressive eyes I ever saw.

1 Like

hatā€™s off, really impressive work! thank you for sharing the process.

quick question - is The Passenger available for digital download somewhere? Iā€™d love to buy it but donā€™t have an optical drive.

Whatā€™s everyone talking about? This is horrible stuff. Really, as a professional, makes me shake my head. For making the rest of us look bad. =S

Kidding aside, this is truly fantastic. Iā€™m keep thinking of your work as a standard as Iā€™m working on my current project.

1 Like