*i have a problem regarding blender* it's seriouse

If it’s a graphics driver issue then DDU (device driver uninstaller) is the best way of cleaning that up. I use it at least once a year.
First download the DDU tool and the latest official driver (for Nvidia or AMD). Then reboot to safe mode. Do a complete cleanup of the respective driver with DDU. From safe mode don’t do a normal reboot. Instead reboot to safe mode again and then install the official driver. Otherwise windows is going to install an old version from it’s repositories. It does that even with driver auto install disabled.

This video explains the process pretty well.

Sorry for taking up so much time; maybe this video could clear things up

So if blender works in general and crashes if you open a file… then maybe you files are corrupted ??? I don’t want to shout windows virus… but maybe also a disk failure ??

The first file you open in the video loads in solid view mode and crashes as soon as you try to go into viewport shading mode.
My guess is that the files that crash intermediately were saved in viewport shading mode or render mode.

This all points towards you graphics card or drivers, as does the crash text, Blender is crashing when you start loading textures to the GPU.

Edit
Also when you open a file without the load IU setting Blender opens in solid view mode, so your files will work untill you hit render mode or viewport shading mode.

4 Likes

And I don’t know if this is important, but renders don’t work either (though I still have saved renders, like images and videos)

It would help if you post your exact graphic card model and the driver version you are using for it.

I checked, and device manager says I have two:
AMD Radeon RX 6400 and AMD Radeon™ Graphics. Both seem to have been fairly recent.

OK AMD sometimes have problems with drivers you need to find out the driver version number.

Both of the versions are 31.0.12016.4002

Another member who uses an AMD card has suggested you try to run this command:

blender_debug_gpu_glitchworkaround.cmd

to run it see this:

2 Likes

I’m not the most technological person. I have no idea what I’m doing, and it feels more like I’m breaking my computer rather than fixing my issue with blender.(I almost forgot this whole situation was about blender)

As long as you downloaded Blender from the oficial site you can trust the .cmd file.
Have you tried it?

Edit
Unfortunatly AMD cards do have problems with blender so you should keep your drivers as up to date as posssible. They do improve things with the latest drivers.

1 Like

I always download blender from the official site

And it’s not like all this stuff happened as soon as I downloaded blender. I’ve been using blender for months with absolutely no problems, then this stuff just…HAPPENED. No warning, no sign, it just happened.

Did you try runing the “blender_debug_gpu_glitchworkaround.cmd” file?

1 Like

To complicated for my understanding

Just double click it!

1 Like

I literally rebooted my entire computer, logged back in, redownloaded all the apps like google, Krita, and BLENDER, had to log back into the computer, synched my files, and the problem still persists.

I am so tired right now. I might as well just toss blender to the side right now.

DNorman, if your reading this, I think it would be best if you sit this one out. I want someone else who knows what there doing to give me the solution.

Let me summarize my problem:
I use windows 11
I have blender
Opening a file immediately causes blender to close
The only exception is when the UI is turned off, or I append or link it
Changing the viewport shading or attempting to render also closes blender
My graphics card is of the AMD models (more about them above)
I do not have money to buy new graphics cards
I cannot code, much less understand a prompt.
Blender is way to important to me, on a personal level.
I reseted, reinstalled, and redownloaded this PC (it didn’t work)
I almost threw my PC out the window
And I’m almost about to give up

If there is absolutely anyone who can at least make the smallest bit of sense that a moronic uncultured certified idiot like myself is able to grasp and comprehend, before I just give up and delete all my files, that would be great. (also, I guess I could link a blend file, so that a) you can see what’s wrong, or b) you can have a cool model to mess with as an apology for this long, drawn out question).

fizz.blend (1.7 MB)

You’re having a glitch, with your gpu, and you are looking for a workaround, and the blender foundation has included a file entitled “blender_debug_gpu_glitchworkaround.cmd” that is as simple to engage as blender itself… and you refuse to even try it?

And then you insult someone who has been trying to help you for days?

Check yourself.

4 Likes

If you are having the problem with any of your .blend files and with any version of Blender even when you use factory settings (“File” menu at the top left of Blender, “Defaults” and “Load Factory Setings”. And open your .blend file without closing blender), then you can try doing a residual graphics driver cleanup with DDU app:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+uninstall+DDU

Before using DDU, make sure you download and have the latest drivers for your graphics card handy. Then you uninstall the drivers and clean possible residual elements of the driver that could have remained with DDU. Then you restart your computer and install the latest graphics drivers that you have downloaded. If drivers installed successfully, then you restart your computer again.

By the way, how old is your computer/drive/disk? Could you give the specifications of the machine)