Jiggle Armature 2

This is one of the bests Blender addons, should bbe bunndled with the official release, so glad you updated it for 2,80!! Thanks! gracias!

2 Likes

I encountert a serious Problem with that Addonā€¦
ā€¦ not sure if this error can get repeated

enabling a [Jiggle Scene] within the SceneTabs while having a RigifyArmature placed within the scene results in massive drops in fps, even if you don`t have any bone enabled as an[jiggle Bone] within the BoneTabs from within the Pose_mode

I remember this kind of behavior from the previous Version of JiggleBones from the times in 2.79.

this particular behaviour took place if you enabled the JiggleBone feature for the Armature of an RigifyRig
(previously it was the JiggleBoneFeature got enablede per Armature not per scene)

ā€¦ seems like the JiggleBone code takes into account all participating bones of an Armature into its calculations. Due the big big amount of many many bones in this kind of complex Armature the fps drop down massivleā€¦ making working with JiggleBones and Rigify an inpossible task

The work around was to set up a very simple Rig, parent it to a bone of the RigifyRig and enable the JiggleBoneFeature for just the very simple Rig while leaving the complex RigifyRig itself without this feature enabled

so you had kind of a secondary Rig attached to the primary Rig in order to get the feature working with Rigify (or just any other complex Rig I guessā€¦)

since the ui changes for the updated 2.8-JiggleBone-Addon you have to do it mostly in the same fashion, butā€¦ just for a little detail diffrent.

drag down the simulation fps from within the ArmatureTab of a complex Rig from 24fps to 0fps to kind of disable the feature for the Armature

now its off for the complex Armatrue

and a simpler Armature for the JiggleBone acting can get parented to the complex one

Works at least for now, at least for me

I didnā€™t notice this, thanks!, I guess Iā€™ll add the functionality to disable the simulation per armature againā€¦

Iā€™m running Blender 2.8. Jiggle Armature is installed, but it doesnā€™t show in the scene tab. I canā€™t find it anywhere else either. Am I missing something?

Holecrap he showed it in 2.76 hahah EPIC

i know this is a pretty old topic, but please add collisions! this add-on is great and all itā€™s missing are collisions.

In case you donā€™t already know - there is a version of this addon called Wiggle Armature that has collisions. Additionally the new addon in development Ghost IK includes collisions. FYI!

wait like wiggle bone? cause i have that or is it called wiggle armature? and i heard about the ghost IK one but iā€™m on mac and unfortunately itā€™s only for windows. :pensive:

1 Like

Did you see this thread which contains the latest developments?
Itā€™s a huge thread, and if you scroll through it youā€™ll even find builds that are not listed in the first post.

yes but the collisions option is greyed out and i canā€™t click it, do you know how i can?

Never tried it. I know they fixed rotation axis locking which Iā€™m looking forward to trying out, but not sure about collisions. Usually more than one way to go about this stuff in Blender though, so even if itā€™s not officially possible through the plugin, it still might be possible by parenting stuff up etc.

There is ONE build where it is enabled then it was disabled subsequently for development. Sorry I canā€™t be more specific - I donā€™t remember which it is. If you go through the thread you can find it!