keKit for Blender (2.8+)

Hi! new update is awesome! TY

but found a bug with loop cut and slide on selected(

and have a couple of questions

• is there easy way to determine initial settings for bevels for me? (most of the time i use ‘korean’ bevels with profile = 1 with 2 segments)
    -is it possible to make 2nd option for ‘loop cut and slide’ (holding shift for example) which applies set flow tension (from looptools addon) after performing cut

Its a simple marco if you use Pie Menu Editor addon

1 Like

Thank you. Yep i use some of macros but haven’t idea how to make asked one

I assume you need and interactive behavior sliding with set flow, then it definitely need a new or rewrite “loop cut and slide” operator.

About the bevel it also need new operator,
if you need interactive beveling with profile = 1 and segments = 2

1 Like

For loop cut with set flow, you may consider Fast Loop

1 Like

no, not interactive - just like Fast Loop * shift+mouse click to insert a loop with flow

thank you, but Ke LCaS preferred for me

About keBevel you can change code slightly and get what you need
in ke_contextops.py
line 57
change bpy.ops.mesh.bevel('INVOKE_DEFAULT', affect='EDGES') to
this bpy.ops.mesh.bevel('INVOKE_DEFAULT', segments=2, profile=1, affect='EDGES')

1 Like

but it needs to be fixed with every update…

yes, unfortunately

so maybe adding this kind of prefs in .json possible in future… or taking 'em from standard blender hotkeys setting…

only if @Kiellog add options for every modes (vert,edge,face), like in Modeling - Subd Tools (Options)

1 Like

Hey! Well that was quite the thread ;> sorry, missed that bug for the last release, will check it out for the next one.
As for bevel presets, that would be like a preferred starting mode, mostly for edges. but I’m prob not going to hard-code it just to fit that exact use-case, so it gets a bit more complicated. Hmm.

P.S, Fast Loop looks excellent! I wanted to do something VERY similar. Now I don’t have to! Yay ! ;D
(Haven’t tried it yet tho)

3 Likes

2 Likes

Have you considered using a Displace for the Array, rather than moving the object itself? That’s how I always did it when setting it up manually: leave the object at 0.0.0 or whereever, add a Displace modifier set to X, move the object that way. This way the original object doesn’t move!

Hey, I assume you mean Radial or Linear Array? No, not really. Might work, but I’m not doing anything more with the old array modifier.
I want proper Instances, thus, I have a half-finished geo-nodes variant going, but the 3.0-alpha is so unstable…its not much fun. Next versions of Radial/Linear Array wont be done until 3.0 is released anyways tho.

3 Likes

Fair enough. Looking forward to your GN take on it!

I love this toolkit. Thank you so much for making it available!

One question: How do I restore "Global View 3d Generic’? I accidentally deleted something in the keymap, and now I get this error in the Custom Operator Hotkeys portion of the keKIT addon panel.

Hey, thx!
looks like the hotkey for the shading pie was removed. “Global View 3d Generic” is the category where the hotkey is found (or not found). You can add a new one there:

1 Like