keKit for Blender (2.8+)

There are already at least two addons for that :wink:

Yeah those 2 have far too many options, also one of them is no longer supported. Just a toggle to X-ray on a press or click drag event would be nice to have. Nothing too crazy :slight_smile:

There is a custom build, with something that is intended to become part of blender by default.
Thread
It is basically done as far as I can tell. Actuallly shipping this could happen next week, or next year. Or Never. Very hard to tell.
In the mean time: I use one of the existing add-ons, works well enough for me.

2 Likes

I have been using the custom build for Blender 3.1. It works better than the X-ray selection addon imo.

100% agree.
The same for me - BorderOcclusion addon works just great

1 Like

I still use that one as well ( i just hacked the mode toggle-icon placement a bit, couldnā€™t see it otherwise. tho i never use box select anyways)

edit: there is a ā€œbugā€ tho - when you use BO-deselect, and dont actually deselect anything, sometimes (100% repro for me) xray mode ā€œsticksā€. The way the script works it is not much one can do about it code wise. not usually a problem, but JFYI. edit: probably due to me using a very old version.

1 Like

Yeah, I also used only one mode mostly. Until I figured out that I should assign it a shortcut :laughing:

Oh wow didnā€™t know about that, hopefully it does eventually make it to the master.

APEC seems to have fixed X-ray selection tools (havenā€™t tested it).

1 Like

where can i download the addon for blender 2.81?

You should really update to Blender 3.2 if possible. It has received over two years worth of performance improvements and new features.

1 Like

its running too slow for my laptop, which is why i need it for 2.81.

Could the viewport bookmarks be saved across scenes? Currently, I need to save a view position in each scene (so I can render the viewport).

hey,
I do not maintain a 2.8 version anymore, however, a lot of the kit might work anyway. Not tested and not supported though ;>

Hey,
Not as the op is designed. Maybe you can use a workaround: by using a camera, matching the view, keyframing it, and then using that in other scenes. Not sure though.

well, except for copy pasting the vp bookmark text field to a text editor ;>

1 Like

Allright. Switching scenes and hit bookmark is easy enough. I can always retrieve a saved bookmark from another scene as the viewport is unaffected by scene changes.
As for cameras, they can be linked across scenes.

E: Text editor copy paste, thatā€™s also a smart workaround. :wink:

@Kiellog Hey, thanks for the addon. Found a lot of really usefull functions :slight_smile:
I wonder is this just too hard to implement or, maybe, its even impossible because of some API restrictions or something, to make default blender snapping works when you place ā€œendā€ in Linear array?

Hey,
Well, I either have to ā€œre-implementā€ all the snapping modes, or do a modal-hack with an empty (or something like that)ā€¦and I dont want to do either ;> So, unlikely to happen.

Hey Kjell,
Regarding SubD Toggle. Could you please add option for preserving Auto Smooth state(check mark perhaps)? Similar to standard clicking on/off on the Subdivision modifier:

1 Like

subd autosmooth option- Yes, will be added in next release.

1 Like