keKit for Blender (2.8+)

I think we also agreed on that (correct me if I am wrong @impacman).

1 Like

Guys, have you tested the new Unrotator Duplicate? Is it stable for you?
Not sure if itā€™s a problem on my side (hardware/custom blender build) or itā€™s something with the tool. But there are often crashes happen if I undo Unrotator Duplicate.

Anyone noticed that double click sometimes not working right?
I have that only on the Mac and only in some scenes, that either the double click (I use kekit select here), does not work, or just flicker, or even drop selection. No idea where to look, but it seems scene file related.

Do you mean Context Select/C.Extend/C.Subtract ? It works fine for me on W10

Please only tell me if you run into problems. It works for me on may cases, but not everytime and I want to find out why

That sounds scary. I cannot replicate this though. Could you try on a regular blender build to reproduce crashing?

no issue for meā€¦
edit: never used it before. so cool tool!

btw, any ideas? (Off topicā€¦not keKit related)

I have zero interest in making an add-on for thisā€¦

It happens from time to time in object mode. I canā€™t to pick out any pattern. Sure, Iā€™ll try more testing on default build.

Yeah, very useful tool! Thanks to Unrotator family we can dup/position geo straight to the center of a polygon(default blender tools canā€™t do that) + randomly rotate copies. Itā€™s a life saver tool for placing geo such as bolt and other floaters. Also quite handy align/rotate to other geometry feature!

Ohā€¦ sometimes I hate all these new updates. So many addons stop working because of that :frowning:

1 Like

This probably will gives an idea:
https://developer.blender.org/rB9a6dc39d4b853594dbce925b9495c9042af89211

Instead of using sculpt.face_set_change_visibility you can try sculpt.reveal_all, might works.
Btw is this connected to kekit? I havenā€™t upgrade to 3.4 yet so I cant test any other possible bug/ changes that might break some script. Will report when I found any :slightly_smiling_face:

No. That is just a vanilla sculpting operator.

Just checking back on that auto smooth on subD Mesh being turned off every time you toggle it. Auto Smooth is needed if you do use edge crease. Else these creases look wrong. I had quite a problem last project that the auto smooth got turned off each time I used the toggle.
Any fix hereā€¦ in .21 its still changing that value. I even removed the lines from the script and it still does. Maybe you used more than one script here.

Try to uncheck Autosmooth Toggle in keKit properties. For me it works well in 3.3.1

Yes that sometimes fixing it. You need to first set auto smooth on in both states. But I often run into that, it doesnā€™t work.

Strange. Perhaps this is a conflict between old stored properties (in the scene) somehow? Try setting the subd settings in kekit the way you want them and then use the reload function?

That is strange. I canā€™t replicate this (just tested on 3.4.1) unfortunately. Seems to work as intended afaict. Are you running some kind of special build, or experimental graphics drivers or something?

1 Like

Kjell, guys! I wish you a very happy New Year! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m so sorry, my mistake! Wrong call identifier I use! I missed it. Sorry again for misleading you. :cold_face:

no worries!
Happy new year!

2 Likes

Noticed couple of things regarding Get&SetMaterial:

1. It doesnā€™t work with modifiers based objects:

2. It canā€™t get a material if an object is inside of wired object(actual for cutters):

It would be better if Get&SetMaterial could ignore some states like Wired and Bounds

Kjell, can you add support for it?

1 Like