KIT OPS 2 Now Shipping

what happens if you apply one or make them real?

nothing happens

aha!

get rid of duplicates. somehow duplicates are staying behind. What does the console say?

Yeah it was the duplicates :sweat_smile:

at which point in the console?

This?

Hi Neo7,

Thanks for the props. I understand you would like to theme KOPS to s greater extent than what is allowable by the current KOPS prefs. Iā€™ll put the request in our backlog. Thanks again for using KIT OPS :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, same result here. For some reason duplicates arenā€™t being deleted as they are supposed to be. Nothing shows up in system console either.

this is something weā€™re looking into.

Thank you and the team for another great add-on. Just picked it up. Have to find time now to learn how to use it effectively.

Some quick documentation feedback:

The manual for KitOps should include a link to the Factory manual. Also the last question in the FAQ has a typo(you should enable edit suggestions).

Thanks for the suggestions. Weā€™ve updated the docs so they link to each other. Weā€™ve also added links to the manuals in the prefs section for the addon which will go live next release. Unfortunately, we can find no way to make it so that only comments are enabled en masse, as when we try and do that, it also enables people to type directly in the doc in ā€œsuggestionā€ mode. Perhaps you know a way?

Thatā€™s the mode I was talking about. The document can still be put in View mode by the viewer so they donā€™t see the suggested edits. I donā€™t know if you can control what the default mode is though.

Yeah, having hundreds of peopleā€™s edits on a page would virtually render the docs impossible to read. And, as I found out recently, teaching a lecture series on XR at our local University, many had a really hard time understanding how to use something easy like Google Slides, which seems simple, but like all software, inherently has a learning curve.

Thanks again for you suggestion :slight_smile:

I just purchased this and the HardOPS Bundle.
Iā€™m a Maya and Zbrush user but my student version of Maya is up so I decided to switch to Blender.
Itā€™s only day 3 and I may be in too deep with this but it looks so very useful.
Well, Iā€™m off to learning.
Thanks

2 Likes

Best of luck! Blender is a bit hard to learn at first. There are great tutes on Blender. You might want to check up my series which is 99% about Blender https://youtu.be/Nhu8fvhBZYY

2 Likes

Just a small matter - we had a panic in our household over a Visa payment we didnā€™t recognise coming on the back of another and my partner thought our card details were stolen. Would it be possible to reference gumroad or kitops rather than your name in future transactions just so its obvious what its for. thanks.

Iā€™ll talk to Gumroad about how to do this. Thanks for the heads up.

Just bought KIT-OPS PRO yesterday, Iā€™d say Iā€™m impressed. However, I experienced some issues:

1. I found that sometimes the addon caused blender run slower (or even worse It ā€œfreezesā€ randomly)
    My computer is 5k imac late 2015 (i7 ,8gb of ram, 4gb of Vram gpu)
    Iā€™ve tried on blender 2.79b and nightly builds also disabled all addons other than BC, H9 and Meshmachine.
    The problem still occurs from time to time.

2. I got weird icon position on my screen.

3)When I deleted the inserts via the delete button on the panel, the modifier stack is still left.
Is it normal?

1. There are two download files on Blender Market. Both have the same name which made me confused, could you fix it?

Anyway, this is great addon. Thank you for your hard work

Hi @spikessss,

1. Have not heard of that problem. Is there any other specific information you can tell us about it? Can you post a GIF showing the behavior of the ā€œfreezingā€
  2. Will look into this. Thanks for sharing.
  3. Please see docs for the most reliable way to Apply inserts in Smart mode: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rjyJ-AbKuPRL-J9-48l5KPNHBkDcFE4UQ51Jsm5eqiM/edit#heading=h.gknr729xjda5

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

@spikessss Also, if possible, can you provide a console printout? Thanks! You can use our support page if youā€™d rather not post it here. https://kit-ops.com/support