Low Poly Graveyard Game Ready Assets Pack WIP Thread

Interestingly enough I got already first review for Unreal (in less then 24h!). There were 2 small issues that I quickly fixed and resubmitted. Hopefully it will be OK now :crossed_fingers:. In the meantime I made a short test video:

1 Like

ok… Epics is really quick… published already :open_mouth:

Here is YT video showcasing the asset pack:

and here it is on the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/low-poly-nature-lush-and-diverse-environments

I’ll make separate artwork post (and artstation page :smiley: ) for it later showing a lot of renders :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow, that was way faster than I would have expected. Yay! I hope lots of people like it.

1 Like

Yes! And also it feelt… humane? Like first I got a message from someone that he will be my reviewer (before he started), than I got first initial review. With the steps explained (and links, and pdf with a checklist) what I need to fix. And then another mail from the same person congratulating me and thanking for submitting to UE (with some additional explanation on how to make it available).

I know it was probably mostly automated / from the script, but still, felt like someone was actually on the other side.

:hugs: and :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just tiny progress update… #453 in Unity’s queue… I’m working on extra demo map for it in the meantime

It’s way harder here, as the built in tools are not that great and I will not be able to push it as hard in terms of how many objects I can place (as unity built-in instancing solution isn’t that great and I can’t assume that users will have expensive assets for better instancing).

2 Likes

Eh, my pack was released… Queue jumped like 300 positions in a day… Just hours before Unity made their announcement that is driving people away from the Unity and Asset Store :frowning:

1 Like

Well, at least your pack is out there now (wonder what caused that massive jump).

Everybody is gonna rage over that announcement for a while. Whether it will have a significant impact is another matter. I mean, rightfully it should, because Unity are running roughshod over loyal customers, but in practice people usually rage for a while and then don’t make any change because change is difficult and costly. It’s too bad we probably will never find out, but I wonder whether this will affect new game developers, whether they’re gonna stop using Unity in significant numbers, since they’re not locked in yet and can more easily shift to another engine.

2 Likes

Yes! And on staying on positive note for a bit at least here is the video:

And asset store link (a lot more screenshots there): https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/low-poly-nature-lush-and-diverse-environments-261484

I can only guess… maybe it was just coincidence that a lot of things before me were easy things to review. Or someone returned from holidays?

I’ve been through a few of rough patches with Unity in the past. There were always people saying “I’m done. I’m switching to X” (almost nobody did that, people learn quickly that switching engines is hard). This time it feels different though. But we really need to wait for at least couple of weeks to really see what happens.

1 Like

This whole Unity situation is hard. Fortunately due to (technical) simplicity my pack is not that hard to convert to Godot. For now I don’t provide package for it, as I just started learning, but in the future I’ll add full support for Godot. Also, seems that making official asset store for Godot got bumped in priority queue. So that will be nice, when it’s ready.

And in case if anyone is wondering - there is nothing in Unity (or UE) store EULA that prevents you from using assets in other engines. But just in case, I’ve setup a Gumroad store too. And to be frank, from all 3 stores I like the Gumroad the best. I’m thinking of also putting it up on CG Trader, BlenderMarket and maybe due to delays in launching Fab - also on Sketchfab and Artstation Marketplace.

I received some feedback to Unity demonstration video. I’ll split it into two shorter ones and decrease frequency of texts saying what’s not included. After that, I’ll focus on finishing up the Graveyard part of the whole thing. Hopefully I’ll release it before Halloween :smiley: (and I’ll not have to wait for reviews on Gumroad store).

1 Like

:eyes:

(idk how the algorithm works, but it just got bumped to almost the top of it’s category :exploding_head: )

2 Likes

Been cooking up something special (and free)!

:eyes:

(I should really go back to finish up the main graveyard pack :rofl: )

1 Like

Made some screenshots for the free pack (in Blender, other engine versions still WIP). Gives me a chance to play around with the ‘data-image-comparison-slider’ :grin:

But for store page I will probably use sth like that:

Edit: btw. I should probably point out that objects in Blender have triangulation based on modifiers (so mostly quads, but I took screenshots with them being active)

3 Likes

Some screenshots from free version from Unity:

1 Like

Not much progress here recently, but will soon go back to it :slight_smile:

In the meantime some updates:

1 Like

:thinking: 1770 objects in one file… I wonder if there’s better way to manage that…

2 Likes

While I’m working on finishing the ‘full’ Graveyards and Low Poly Nature: Essentials for Unreal… I got some recognition, now being in “Showcase” section of Unreal Engine Marketplace :partying_face: (and also discount!)

1 Like

Congrats on being showcased!

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Just a little update from Unreal (for the “Essentials” free/cheap pack for Unreal): overview(s) map done. Plural as one is typical (boring) “factory floor plan”, and the other has asset placed in a more creative way:

It’s interesting challenge really to place assets without repeating them in such a way as to make something interesting… I will be keeping ‘factory floor’ as well, as some people might prefer that (I in general like them as they are simple).

1 Like

I recorded very short video from this camera angle :slight_smile:

1 Like