LuxCoreRender v2.5

Hi, is there any plans for a faloff node analogue in the corona renderer?

hi! Are blenderā€™s volume objects supported in lux core?

No, not yet.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the eta is for Luxcore to be working in 2.93+?

1 Like

I donā€™t know for sure but Iā€™ve got the impression it wont be supported until LuxCore 2.6. So itā€™ll take quite a while.

1 Like

Hi, I tested thois with Luxcore 2.6 Beta and it still only work in Blender 2.92.
As Blender 2.93 is comming next week I guess the Beta would be updated then.

Cheers, mib

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just downloaded 2.5 and I agree that it generally looks much better than Cycles, especially because Iā€™m particularly into refractions and caustics and so on. My problem is that, in Cycles, I use a lot of procedural textures that I make using the texture coordinates and a load of math nodes, and I canā€™t find a way to do anything like that in LuxCore. Am I missing something obvious? Just the ability to split and recombine vectors, as you can with RGB, would be great.

2 Likes

Afaik those limitations are real. If you donā€™t intend to animate your textures you can always make them in Cycles and bake them for use in Luxcore. Its worth noting that the long term goal is to make most/all Cycles nodes be interpretable by Luxcore. Past that I think there has been talk of moving the Luxcore specific nodes to the Cycles nodegraph entirely. So itā€™ll be possible eventually!

2 Likes

Is there any real downfall in using cycles materials? Besides the nodes that are not working.

Potentially some materials may be more complicated in their node setup in Cycles, then what is necessary to achieve the same in LuxCore. This could have a negative performance impact on rendering.

Plus it never hurts to learn how the lighting setup works in LuxCore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, just for information, the actual Luxcore Beta 2.6 from Github is not working with Blender 2.92/2.93. The team is changing the BlendLuxcore addon to Blender 2.93.

We are in the middle of the transition.

https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=736&start=110

Be patient, the next version 2.6 have new and extended features, mib

7 Likes

Hi, Blender 2.92 is working again with daily Luxcore 2.6 Beta, report from Luxcore forum:

In this moment daily builds should again be compatible with Blender 2.92.
We will switch again as soon as the problem with 2.93 is solved.

Cheers, mib

3 Likes

Amazing Work by Dat_Boi with Luxcore : https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3672&p=30753#p30753

11 Likes

New Luxcore animation here : Luxcore Light group animation Schminke House Lƶbau 1930s

3 Likes

Any plans for luxcore to support UDIMs?

3 Likes

Time to use a new thread: LuxCoreRender v2.6

Not for the moment: it is a feature has not been asked very often.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response. Is it just a case of keep asking and if enough people ask it will get bumped up the list?

1 Like

Yes, it is about the (perceived) priority of a new feature compared to others.

1 Like

UDIM would be useful for VFX work.

3 Likes

Hi! I am probably getting lost in a glass of water, but how do you mix colors or textures in LuxCore? I remember there was a Color mix node in Utils in the material nodes, but I canā€™t find it anymore, even with the search button.

Any help please?

Thank you!