MESHmachine

MESHmachine’s Fuse tool creates surface continuity, it fuses the 2 surfaces on both sides of a chamfer. What you are describing is the opposite and so can’t currently be done using it.

I’m hesitant about adding things just for the sake of it. What’s the actual use case for a bevel like this?

Recent builds of Blender allow profile going all the way to 0, giving the perfect right angle (sorry, I know this isn’t about MESHmachine, but wanted to get that information out there). Also profile=1 is much improved.

1 Like

Not 2.79b though. Is this in the 2.8 beta? (sorry for going off topic).

@MACHIN3 This is what I wanted achieve:

Yes, this really should be done with a purpose made tool, perhaps one supporting a set of profiles. This is not the direction I’m going currently, so I’m afraid MESHmachine won’t help you in this case.

Who wants to make and sell/share plugs for MESHmachine? Get in touch via email.

You’re an incredibly cool guy. Tell me, do you do everything alone? Your ideas inspire, thank you!

1 Like

I am a machine.

6 Likes

I’m still looking for people interested in creating plug libraries for MESHmachine, don’t be shy, get in touch via [email protected] You will receive a pre-release version and docs about plug creation.

1 Like

It would be cool to also have a library of “real world” plugs, like usb or cinch connectors, knobs, dials and buttons etc. not too sci-fi looking.

2 Likes

I bought this last week… . Late to the party! Just wow! So useful!

1 Like

What about simple and generic shapes like these ?

I don’t care one whit for prepackaged ones. All I want is to be able to easily create my own, preferably in context, without closing the file I’m working on.

1 Like

Maybe you create a Tutorial and show how to ceate them?

You can create them like this.

But I do. I want people to create their own plugs, and sell/share them.

You can.

I’m doing that.

7 Likes

Cool then :slight_smile:

Id like to see in MM a faster way to bevel corners ,i mean just simply select a a few non loop faces and bevel them to make curved . I can do this by selecting vertex side,space them even, and then bevel. But it would be cool for a faster approach. Bw i havent beta anything so dont know if its already there. Thanks machin3.
Capture

To relax curves, i often use Mira tools curve stretch

Or Looptools relax

Refuse?

8 Likes

There’s a modal wrapper around looptools relax in MESHmachine making it more accessible.

Refuse does it! (though it has to have chamfers on the side if side is ngon). Anyway thanks man works fine!