Modo-Me, Modo like action centers in Blender, Smart Action Centers and Axis Management

Thanks for clarifying @kkar. Appreciate it.

For me, control over the action centres and axis sounds great.

1 Like

Once ive used the modo-me to get the pivot to be where i want it to be, how do i change the gizmo back to standard move etc, rather than having the multiple transform gizmo active?

I need to take a look at it. I might need to rework the gizmo stuff there. Is it overriding your initial Gizmo choice?

Hi!

I just purchased Modo-Me on Gumroad, but unfortunately I can not get it working.
When hitting the mapped Key Blender gives me ‘object.modoactioncenters not found’.
I tried both object.modoactioncenters and ‘OBJECT_MT_modoactioncenters’ in ‘Name’.

My Specs:
Blender 2.82.1
Windows 10 Latest Update
Install Folder: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Modo-Me
Tried both Beta_2.80_v1.54_10012019 and ModoMe_2.80_2.79_v1.50_07242019

Hi

I think you referenced an older version of the Readme. That had to change with the recent versions of Blender,

Please use OBJECT_MT_modoactioncenters

For versions prior to 1.52

Put wm.call_menu at the top left box in the new keymap area, once done the bottom box will open up. And paste object.modoactioncenters into the box that is on the right side (one that is with Name:)

For versions 1.52 and above

Put wm.call_menu at the top left box in the new keymap area, once done the bottom box will open up. And paste OBJECT_MT_modoactioncenters into the box that is on the right side (one that is with Name:)

Please let me know if you have further issues with installation.

Hey,

Thanks for your fast reply :slight_smile:

I tried “OBJECT_MT_modoactioncenters” again, but it still doesn’t work → ‘object.modoactioncenters not found’ on Hotkey

Blender 2.82
ModoMe_2.80_2.79_v1.50_07242019
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\addons\Modo-Me\ init.py

You need to use v1.54 to make that new menu function to be in place. That version is almost a year old.

Juat remove the whole Modo-Me folder. And restart Blender and start fresh with installating the latest version, it should work. I use it here daily.

still not working
Beta_2.80_v1.54_10012019
OBJECT_MT_modoactioncenter
Also tried my other PC with fresh Blender install

Couple of things to check:

• By any chance did you forget to enable the add-on?
  • Do you have any other hotkeys also assigned to that key combination that may be overriding it?

I’ve been using 1.54 on 2.83 with no issues and my key assignment looks identical to yours.

1 Like

Sorry about that.

Can you PM me the screenshot of the addon’s install tab, Blenders startup screen?

Remove all traces of the addon, restart Blender. Install the add-on and enable the add-on

I just tried the steps above here and it works.

Now there is a mistake in the Readme because I changed it from wm.call_menu to wm.call_menu_pie in the recent versions to open up more space for other functions and it still refers to the old function. So use the pie version.

See the image please

Btw the add-on already comes with alt - w, try that also. If that does not work, the addon is not installed properly

Works!

Steps taken:

• Uninstalled Blender
  • Deleted both Blender Addons Folder and Blender Folder in Roaming
  • Installed Addon
  • Success

Thanks again for your quick response and your effort. Fantastic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey,

I found the issue. Somehow the way Modo-Me set up the gizmo was blocking the individual move, rotate and scale gizmos. I missed couple API updates. The gizmo part was influx back then so I hardcoded some defaults. This is resolved now.

Also you can now use the Transform Orientations in the header bar properly too.

I will make a new release in couple days.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: great news.

1 Like

I just made a release with the mentioned changes.

v1.55

• [FIX] Better Gizmo handling
  • [FIX] Better handling of Transform Orientations. It won’t override the objects’s TO.
  • [FIX] Handle error with element mode in Edit mode when there is no active mesh component selected
2 Likes

There was a git merge accident with the release I did above. If you downloaded it already within this time frame, please download it again.

I can’t seem to get the latest update (“Modo-Me_2.82.v1.55_05042020_2.zip”) to disable the gizmo. I assume based on the “_2” in the name it includes the git merge accident you indicated, and I downloaded the file on the 7th from Gumroad. I’ve tested uninstalling and reinstalling it multiple times, and 1.54 works fine if I reinstall that.

My repro steps are to disable the always-on gizmo, be in Move mode, change Modo-Me to “Automatic” mode, then switch to Selection mode. The gizmo shows up there even though I don’t want it to be. I can even disable them in the gizmos pull-down of the viewport and MM re-enables them.

Hey sorry about the issue. I will take a look at it and make a new release if needed.

1 Like

It seems like there has been a name change in the API regarding Gizmoo stuff

Just rename show_gizmo_tool stuff to show_gizmo on those lines (starting at line 350) until I have a release.

I tested this with 2.82a

gizmo = context.space_data.show_gizmo_tool

if gizmo:
        bpy.context.space_data.show_gizmo_tool = False

else:
        bpy.context.space_data.show_gizmo_tool = True

I will make a release sometime soon.

1 Like

kkar I am using 2.82a, so if you could make the changes or fix for it that would be great. Thanks

I will make a release tomorrow.

1 Like