Modular Tree

Try Supported level > Testing

im barely new to blender, may I know what this is and where to find?

Look at your image top left, you have Official and Community selected.

Hi, I’ve got a problem and don’t know how to solve it. I’m on Blender 2.79, and can’t activate the Plugin, due to an Error: ImportError, cannot import name “multiarray”.

Somebody knows about this?

Thanks Dan

If you are on Linux you need to install Numpy for Python 3. On Debian based systems it’s “sudo apt install python3-numpy”

Also I don’t know why Numpy is in your addons folder. You should probably delete it.

1 Like

well i’m on Mac. I didn’t had to delete numpy in the Addons folder.

but for Mac this worked:

open in Terminal:

My first attempt using this plugin along with the Graswald free samples. This is such an amazing tool.

I messed about with the tree textures, so that’s why they look a bit strange on the barks.

My main problem right now is when I try and make more trees that it always creates the new particle system when I hit create tree, regardless of whether I have the check boy ticked or not in the build tree node. This means that my trees are always a bit random. Maybe I’ll have to play a little more with this though, as I’ve only been using it for a few hours.

Or use Pip4Blender, given you apparently have a custom Blender install using non embedded python on Os X.

1 Like

thx for advice :slight_smile:

is it possible to have planes as leafs? using it in unity, reducing the vertex count…

Is there a way to bake the wind animation?
I managed to bake Fast Wind with Blender’s built in baking function,
but for Wind Operator wind, it doesn’t seem to work.

How to use wind ?? when i clic onj wind operator i get a error log …

i think you need to have an armature, the documention on github explains it so

i already read the documentation, but it seems not to work as expected … armature don’t bind to the tree … i can’t get it work. Also there’s no way to bake animation, may be it needs more work and i have to waiting for a new release.

well i gues he’s busy releasing it as an asset for unity :slight_smile:

As blender 2.8 entered Beta, I will start to work on the next version of the addon.

I have been writing a similar tool for unity, and it gave me a lot of insights about modular tree. Now that I look at it again, the addon doesn’t seem as great as I envisioned it, and I hope fix that in the next version.

The goal for the next version is: stop wasting time adding half-finished new features, and focus on the actual tree creation process, making it easier, and producing good looking trees by default.

Can’t wait for that to happen !

17 Likes

I just followed the documentation. But it sometimes gave me an error message too. I don’t know why.

Great to see that you are still evolved to imrpove your addon !! I was wondering how work your procedural wind ??

1 Like

i made new leaf with plane & png, edited toolbar_functions.py accordingly, new leaf appearing but can not work with new leafs. anything missing?

Edit/save your leaf in materials.blend

working fine with preset leafs. but whenever try to make twig with new leaf, following errors appears----

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/mak/.config/blender/2.79/scripts/addons/modular_tree-master/toolbar_functions.py”, line 146, in execute
particle_proba=self.leaf_proba, leaf=leaf_object, leaf_size=self.leaf_size * 20, material=“twig”)
File “/home/mak/.config/blender/2.79/scripts/addons/modular_tree-master/tree_functions.py”, line 336, in create_twig
leaf.select = True
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘select’