Modular Tree

so 3.2 relises and legasy nodes are not suported anymore so you need to use another geo node tree for leaves

so here are the nodes to recreate the leave scattering

4 Likes

I’m having trouble enabling MTree 4.0.2 in Blender 3.1.2 - I can add the addon to my addon list, but clicking the checkbox to enable it does nothing.
I’m using a Mac (Intel), if that makes any difference.

don’t you think, that Direction attribute is broken? provides strange result

Direction by vgroup works fine:

2 Likes

i just remaked the atribute nodes in feelds and in my test it wasn’t broken

the direction atribute is generated by the mtree addon so idk what other atributes there are

When I convert the tree (branch) to mesh, it loses the UV map. Does someone have any idea how to solve this? I need the UVs. Thanks.

Maybe export it as a fbx mesh without converting to mesh and reimport it?

Steven ray made a updated fork of the addon : https://github.com/steven-ray/modular_tree/releases

This works for Blender 3.2.

I hope all is well with Maxime. I think he must be very busy with other important stuff. I am hoping he can return to continue dev of Modular tree :pray:

Thanks to Steven ray for the update.

4 Likes

Anyone know how to convert the leaves to mesh. When I apply the modifier, the leaves disappear.

EDIT: No worries. Was using the Mtree Editor instead of geometry nodes. Used the realize instances node and applied the modifier.

For anyone having uv issues after applying modular tree. U can try this method by @AntoineBagattini here: