Moleculars physics

Oh, i’m with W10 :upside_down_face:
Nice to know how you got it working :ok_hand:

Blender 2.8 Molecular Script - Blood Flow illustration

https://youtu.be/WHIavqiuwV4

I have been playing with the Molecular Script in Blender 2.8 for quite some time and getting the settings just right for things is not the easiest in the world. This simulation is not meant to be realistic looking, it was only to get the flow down to an illustrative level for medical videos.

Using this version of the script:

github.com/scorpion81/Blender-Molecular-Script

Here are the settings used to create this. This is only 480 frames out of 3000.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSJfLSZSN8nAHYhCQvlvm5PYLlPyMcYuuOV-XhdDq_M/edit?usp=sharing

3 Likes

Does Molecular not work with 2.81 and 2.82?
I tried installing it (on Linux) but it doesnt seem to work.
After installing it “molecular” can not be found in the addons tab in the preferences nor is it in the particle system settings.

edit: Nevermind. Had the wrong version. It works fine.

1 Like

Were you able to solve this? I am running in to the same issues.

Hey,

I was wandering if anyone could help answer a question bout Cubesufer?
I am attempting to produce a sequence using Keyed Particles and Cubesurder. But it does not seem to attach or update to the particles them selves but instead goes to the emitter. Is there anything i’m wrong or does anyone have any suggestions on how i can achieve the same meshed particle effect another way?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Don’t use CuberSurfer, it’s too old and slow.

You can use our build, from Graphicall.org, there you will have a “Voxel” option inside the remesher, it’s based on OpenVDB with CSG and filters, and you will be able to mesh particles, it also supports motion blur :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey man! I’ve been searching for hours and downloaded several molecular addon zips but none of them seemed to do the trick. I’m using Blender 2.81a. Where/how did you get it to work? Cheers!

(btw back in 2.7 I could install it and use it with no problem)

I used one from scorpion81 github.
It is titled molecular_1.1.0_linux.zip and can be found on his github site under releases:

edit: Or perhaps it was Master. I can not remember.

Does anyone know a 2.8 functional version of CubeSurfer addon (Mesher)?
I tried these instructions but I can’t enable the addon on Linux (2.81a, 2.83 master):

Hi Juan ! The voxel remesher seems to not working with the molecular script add on :frowning:

Weird… it should, the remesher was developed by Scorpion81 and the molecular addon was updated to 2.8x by Scorpion81 amongst others so… it should work hahaha

I’ll test it :slight_smile:

Why do you want CubeSurfer having the OpenVDB based Voxel remesher?
It’s way faster and efficient.

(Although I have to check the problem mentioned above)

ok, my fault, it works perfectly haha :smiley , i guess i was too tired yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, great :slight_smile:

Then @YAFU my answer is still fully valid :slight_smile:

The only trouble i got now is the uv map after the remesher animated is not working properly (i tried the reproject data). The only way i found to get some uv projetion on the mesh is tricky…

I used sverchok to copy the remesh animated then im using a small script to do a sphere projection unwrap every frame of the animation…

maybe you have a better solution? :smiley:

Hi.
You mean the patch for the modifier not included in Blender yet, right?
I had forgotten about it. Now I just saw that you include it in Bone Studio branch. Thank you.
It happened that I have old 2.79b scenes using cubesurfer addon and I wanted to try them in 2.8x.

Is the molecular script working 100% with Blender 2.83.1? (I was seeing some strange stuttering behavior last time I tried it, probably need to try it on another machine) TIA

anyone know what happened to PyroEvil? his website links don’t work.

Hi, having issues installing the addon with version 1.1.2 for Blender 2.90.1
I keep getting an error related to importing “core” that’s preventing me from activating the addon, below is the whole traceback presented when I attempt to activate the addon, I removed portions of the directory path for privacy reasons.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 382, in enable
mod.register()
File “C:\Users*\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\molecular_init_.py", line 42, in register
from . import properties, ui, operators
File "C:\Users*
\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\molecular\operators.py”, line 7, in
from . import simulate, core
ImportError: cannot import name ‘core’ from ‘molecular’ (C:\Users*****\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\molecular_init_.py)

Any advice on how to fix this?

Does anyone have news of Pyro ? The website from where to download the script isn’t working since month :worried: