Monkey King

Ready to fight! This is my 3D take on this amazing concept by Peter de Sève . I love this character so much, he looks composed and disciplined in this technical kungfu fight pose, but you can also see his mischievous personality with his smirk and his messy almost punky hairs :grin:. It was an awesome journey to try to render his attitude in 3D. I have to say that it was quite challenging to get the likeness compared to my previous project, the pose and angle was more complex and I had my take of struggling with him :laughing: But I was fortunate enough to get great feedback and notes from 3D master Alena Loftis , thank you so much again for your help Alena, your notes helped me bring this fella to a better level!

149 Likes

Beautiful work :clap: The balance and silhouette are just jaw droppingly good. Every curve is so considered- its incredibly inspiring- well done!

1 Like

Damn! Looking amazing !! Lighting, hair, silhouette, position … wonderful work! I love the flat feet over all lol :joy:

1 Like

Thank you very much for these compliments :hugs: I am really loving the concept of flow and rythms so i am really happy that it is noticed :kissing_closed_eyes::pray:

1 Like

Thank you very much! I had great fun making the hairs silhouette flowing with the rest of the pose! And yeah the feet are like sticking in the ground :grin: I hope it’s not too flat tho :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

Wooow! So beautiful and cute!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank youuuu! :hugs::pray::v:

Hahaha you really got that mischievous look on point! Love it! :fire:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley: I am really glad you said that! I think that maybe i could have done a better job with the smirk tho :speak_no_evil: but yeah, he looks :smiling_imp: overall

1 Like

Beautiful work!!

1 Like

You really nailed that pose and shape, great work!

1 Like

Thank you !! :hugs::pray:

Thank you very much! I actually filmed myself at 360° to get the feeling of thw weight and balance and I got cramps in my legs fir 2 days after that :laughing:

3 Likes

ha true pain for your art. good to know

1 Like

Woooow ! awesome work ! really like the pose and how you did his hair / fur ! Really impressive !! Great job !

1 Like

Thank you very much :hugs::pray::v: I am glad you like it :smiley:

Fantastic work!
Love the design and pose, the way his leg is stretched out almost parallel with the floor. Just awesome.
Face designed and modeled really well too.
Also, the colours are great.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I had to low him down multiple times before getting that pose right, his is so low and I couldn’t instinctively put his leg that straight and low at first glance ^^
Thank you very much :hugs: :hugs:

Awesome, Well it works wonderfully and the effect is a monkey that can kick some serious ass kung fu style :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like