Mouse knight

A Mouseguard fan art, heavily inspired by the drawings of David Petersen. I worked on this image over a longer period of time than I’d like to admit and I’m glad I finally finished it.

Everything except compositing was done in blender and rendered with Cycles, compositing was done in nuke.
I hope you like it !

More on artstation :
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KrqORo

178 Likes

This should be featured :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lovely - wondering what he is defending ? The “golden nuts” from hungry squirrels ? :wink:

1 Like

It was well worth it, excellent piece.

2 Likes

This is excellent! Right up my alley. And it reminds me that they cancelled the movie, what a shame.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: :+1:
Great work, congrats.

1 Like

He’s fantastic. Great work

1 Like

Thank you so much ! Your kind words mean a lot to me :slight_smile:

owhhh, so cutee but deadly. its really cool the focus, blur, environment, etc. Great Work!

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Made me think, is it animatable?

It is far from being animation ready. I’ve made a very basic rig to get it into pose, but that’s all. Moreover I didn’t work at all on the back side of the mouse (grooming, modeling of the armor, texturing…).
This piece was really built as a single image and I saved as much time as I could by not working on what wasn’t visible :wink:

1 Like

Thanks a lot Bart !

2 Likes

Gotcha! Don´t we all eh?

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Really beautiful fur, how long did that alone take? Whats your method for making fur look good? fur is such a hard thing to do that nicely, ive never managed it.

It’s really great! I feel really thirsty knowing it could be more vivid copying this image and pasting in Soft Light mode and masking out dark areas.

DAMN good job, it kicks off people who are pointing fingers on Blender with laughter.

PM me if you want to see what I achieved.

Really great render. :slight_smile:

Lovely, congrats!
Not that I want to promote this game here, but in case you don’t know it yet, maybe you’ll enjoy this little jewel featuring an adventurous mouse:

First association is Moss. I love it. Looks beautiful.

1 Like