New icons for Blender 2.8

Not good lookin in such small space (14x14 pix) - tried it. The one I made is a good compromise, I think, even if it looks a bit like a fountain :smiley:
I can give the sides some slope (1 pix difference), but overall sharpness will suffer.

Also the middle chunk is very large and raising higher above the rest than yogyog’s proposal
I Find his also more recognizable for these reasons.
If I looked at yours before I saw yogyog’s, I would surely not know what it represents.

Is the one on the left better?
softbody_2

Same to be honest…
What about a jellyfish instead?

Edit: something like this

6 Likes

Definitely for me, though I think you could keep the little gaps in the middle lines.

I think the one on the left is more clear

One more tweak:
softbody_3

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s because jellos aren’t that popular where I live, but in that I see some sort of cake, it doesn’t give me the idea of something “squishy”.
I’ve updated my previous post with a quick attempt to draw the jellyfish idea if you want to give it a look.

3 Likes

Your jellyfishies are simply lovely!

3 Likes

what about just a ballon? it’s universal.

Not the most squishy thing. In fact a well-inflated ballon is rather stiff.

Yeah that’s a pretty good idea actually. I’m not sure on @a.monti’s execution though.
Looks like a slanted inkscape logo.

That said I’m good with the jello and I think it doesn’t have to be popular in the culinary habits of a country to be easily recognizable.

i was thinking of something more like this.
balo

convey that in a tiny non-moving icon and I’ll think about it.

i am no Icons designer but here i gave it two shots…maybe the others could do better than me.
52e10f8cbeeb9958c8640db6fe045ff3b9f54652

This resembles mi the Neverhood in some way… It’s a positive memory, BTW.

1 Like

My own attempt

(sorry… couldn’t resist)

13 Likes

We have a winner here! :smiley: But wait. It’s 2018, someone could be offended :wink:

1 Like

The … jellyfish is an insult to my feelings, sir!

You are not alone.I had the same association… :slight_smile:

Like them all so far.