NITROX3D: A new hard surface workflow for designers

I did see that workflow elsewhere, but for me it’s just easier to edit the plane than a bunch of modifiers…in keeping with the 80/20 rule I follow.

You could probably use hooks as well. Jerry Perkins suggested same, but again it doesn’t fit with my 80/20 rule. My thought is to focus on speed.

Your idea combined with hooks or drivers could be good for creating a variety of objects which are in the same family. Might even be worth finding a good example and creating a tute.

For those of you interested, here are some cool tricks using the World Node Editor. I go over a bit of this in my startup tutorial, but this goes into much more detail, like using ramped color backgrounds for rendering but lighting your scenes with a basic color or HDRI map.

3 Likes

Ive got my copy of Nitrox 2-5 and hopefully someone will give me the time to sit down and give it the attention it deserves.

1 Like

i think your doing fine chippwalters! while i don’t use your workflow, i can see how it would be useful to some.someone mention toxicity in the forums, i agree! it may be harsh to some however it is a feeling of entitlement.sad to see here but its everywhere these days.you keep doing what your doing.
as an old blenderhead kudo’s man!

2 Likes

Basic setup for gradient world background :

Basic Setup for spherical world background

2 Likes

Sorry, been away-- getting well. Back on the NITROX3D train and I have produced another 5 videos which go over in detail some new modeling techniques. I’ll post them tomorrow. Here are the preview screens:

2 Likes

It’s finally here.

NITROX3D Track 3 consists of 5 brand new videos which walk you through, step-by-step, using Blender’s own modifiers to create non-destructive models – Models which you can continually edit and update until the design is “just right.”

Includes 45+ minutes of compressed* training videos** PLUS all source files, textures and lighting rigs.***

*Our videos are created to be as efficient as possible. Each video typically has over 100 edits to make sure you don’t waste any time learning!

**Both 1080p and 720p videos are available for download and streaming.

Get it now at Gumroad. Only $11

1 Like

A NITROX3D user asked me for some help on a common problem.
Here’s a quick 1 min video to help him out:

Just got my copy to keep up. Chip is there anywhere to get the first free ones as larger resolution files.

Hi John,

The second free video is also included in Track 2 and I believe it is in high rez.
I’ll re-render the first one at high rez and put it in with Track 2 as well.

1 Like

Thanks very much for that Chipp.

It’s up there now.

Thanks Chipp.

Working on a new NITROX free tutorial on using non-destructive 2D shapes to create models like the grills in these KIT OPS models.

3 Likes

Well, I haven’t YET gotten to the GRILL video, but I do have a really neat new 11th NITROX3D video which goes over fully editable pipes and cables using only edges. This is great because it does not use curves and is very fast to create. Plus, it’s scalable as well. You can check it out for FREE at:

2 Likes

Working out the kinks in my 2D NITROX3D tools. This monitor KIT OPS INSERT was created 100% non-destructive.

2 Likes

More NITROX3D and KIT OPS experiments. This time the goal was to create the electronics and cable assembly with as few objects as possible.

3 Likes

New Thermo Dialator is finished. Updated to work with the latest Targen-6M

BTW, great decals by Sir Charles. Available on Gumroad and BM. The work with Decal Machine and KIT OPS, as well as straight PNGs.

(Yes, these are all KIT OPS INSERTS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More KIT OPS tests. All the modeling done using NITROX3D workflow. What is best about it for me, is I can continually tweak the design until I’m happy with it-- not so easy with destructive.

4 Likes

Some new KIT OPS work. Most all INSERTS are NITROX3D.

3 Likes