NITROX3D: A new hard surface workflow for designers

Added a robot to the above scene. Most all built with NITROX3D techniques (other than a couple KIT OPS Inserts). I really enjoy designing this way as it’s easy to keep tweaking the form and details.

Also, here’s some breakdown for those interested…

No modifiers:

Wireframe with modifiers turned on:

Full object:

2 Likes

Cycles or EEVEE…? If not Cycles then I would love to see a render done in Cycles…

Yep, it’s EEVEE. I’ll try and get you one done in Cycles.

Here’s a 4K Cycles render. Took two and a half minutes at 128 samples + the new DENOISE from 2.81.

1 Like

That Cycles render is very much appreciated, Chipp!

Not too different from the EEVEE one. Didn’t change any of the lighting for Cycles.

Received a request from @bkjernisted for some help creating a stove model from StackStoves using modifiers. While I didn’t do a tutorial, I did manage to provide a decent rendition. Here’s the source image:

Here’s where I got to after a sitdown.

and they have a black version:

Some breakdown images:

And the file in case anyone wants to look at it:

https://filedn.com/lLMW4jXsJqxXkRYjd1UCoKL/3d/stackstoves-23.blend

1 Like

Just created a new tutorial on how to create a mesh from an object loaded with modifiers. It’s targeted at KIT OPS users, but also will work for NITROX3D.

1 Like

Just about ready… the next NITROX3D Tutorial will drop very soon. Free to existing purchasers of the previous tutorials.

https://youtu.be/8rnHzzzAhS4

Finally completed :slight_smile:

10 New videos added to the NITROX3D series including how to model with metaballs and meta elelments, how to use the new remesh tools and much more. Free update for those who have purchased the full NITROX3D course.

Check out the vid:

Gumroad

Blender Market

How does that work, Chipp, when one has purchased NITROX3D tracks 1, 2 and 3 thru Gumroad, getting the full new edition…? Where to click, what to do…?

1 Like

This was in the latest update from gumroad:

Those who have purchased both Track 2 and Track 3 can receive a complimentary upgrade to this Full Course. Please contact Chipp at: https://kit-ops.com/support and include the email address with which you purchased both courses.

Those who have only purchased one track, can pay the difference between it and this course and receive the full course product. Please indicate which you purchased on the form.

1 Like

Hi Chipp,

This looks like a great course!

In the latest video you’re talking about commercial addons, are any addons used for the Metabot?

Yes, the free version of KIT OPS and I use a remesher addon, but I also show you how to use the free remesher built-in for Blender 2.81

I use some decals but show where you can get free ones as well. HTH.

Saw this spoiler in one of the new NITROX3D videos the other day, I hope it’s what I think it is and coming soon. :smiley:

spoiler

1 Like

Haha. It is a work in progress.

Back to work using the Metaball technique and have come up with some more images demonstrating it:
The base form of this Carrier robot, created as a concept for Digital Heroes, was created entirely using the Metabot procedure:

And I call this TriAxis, but Jerry calls it “The Dustbuster” is a test of two new NITROX3D modeling techniques: one called TriAxis and the other called Rotational Symmetry, both shown in the renders below. I’ve started creating new videos to explain the new NITROX3D modeling concepts. They will be fully explained AND include some easy to use KIT OPS templates that you can just insert into your scene and start to edit.

Of interest is the “dirty material” on this one. It is accomplished by a single dirt node group, available with the EEVEE material system.

5 Likes

Another NITROX3D model using the Metabot technique. This one on Sketchfab:

2 Likes

Hey Chipp, thank you for your courses, your nitrox3d approach was exactly what I needed to find a convenient workflow. Using Rhino mainly for my 3d printed parts, I normally start with 2d shapes and extrude/bool/chamfer these. Seems I can adapt / integrate a lot of your ways to create my models in Blender, first time in a non destructive environment :grin:

Cheers, Peter

1 Like

Small update about “3D-View: Modifier Tools” - in Blender 2.81+ the modifier tools can be found under
“Interface: Modifier Tools”

1 Like